Dang can I do what I want for MY SON?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I hate when my step mom tries to persuade me not to do something. I'm buying the Mickey Mouse set for my son. It has the stroller, car seat, play pen, swing, and high chair. My step mom tells me, "There's a play pen in the attic and a stroller in the garage. Free sounds better then spending money". Who's dang money am I spending? Not urs!! Gtfoh! I'm going to buy wtf I want for MY SON! Dang, your opinion is unwanted. Please go worry about your own daughter and why your raising her 1 year old daughter and she's not! Me and mine will be fine! I got this!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's why I don't tell anyone, till after I have already got it
  • Awww that's the set I was goin to get if I was having a boy :)
  • @mshahir Yes they do!!! Ugh!

@mschop I wasn't even talking to her! I was showing my little brother and she just butted in!

@bigmamak It's so cute huh? I had to have it. Once I saw the car seat I decided to make his theme Mickey Mouse.
  • I completely agree!!! Everyone keeps tellin me how I should not buy brand new anything. I should only go to garage sales and buy used stuff cuz its cheaper. It's like ok I don't see u walking around in used clothes so why do u think its ok for my baby???!!!!
  • @nicoleok87 Exactly!! I understand people are trying to help you save money, but damn it's my baby and it's ok to spend MY MONEY on MY BABY! Sheesh! lol
  • People really like to tell me what i should do but i usually ignore them. I love Mickey mouse! Where did you find that set at?
  • @jerricab Walmart! I don't listen either, but I'm tired of hearing it. She's really the only one that always has something to say. Smh.
  • Yeah it gets hard to ignore when you hear it all the time. Its even harder if your already having a bad day.
  • @jerricab That's true. It's just annoying!
  • Id hate that too. She should mind her own! One aunt told me to ask her before I buy anything because she might got it already! Um wtf!! I didn't ask you to buy tons of used stuff!! Id like some things new & my choice! Get this....she bought a $6 breast pump...probably used...& wants the $6 for it! Um that's personal to buy someone. What if I don't want it? It'd be nice if she asked! Plus if its used it can cause milk contamination. No thank you!
  • @one5one Smh! See I always say I appreciate the help, but just stfu sometimes. I wanna get what I want for my baby. I don't have a problem with gently used hand me downs, but like you said I want some new things for my son too. If anybody else wants them I don't mind passing them down either, but only if they ask or really want them.
  • edited July 2011
    And it makes it awkward to be like Ummmm no thanks. So they put us in this weird situation...either take my crap or hurt my feelings
  • And it makes it awkward to be like Ummmm Jo thanks. So they put us in this weird situation...either take my crap or hurt my feelings
  • yea it would get to me as well!! my mother-in-law does the same crap...agh annoying. not only that but she also keeps telling me how to give birth...she knows that I'm having a csection and tries to make me look bad by saying that girls my weight and size pop out 8lb-9lb babies! who cares! im not those girls i keep telling her! agh...why can't people just mind thier own business....
  • I agree. By the way my aunt sounds...my kids has it all & its all used! She never buys anyone anything new. Unless its got the tag still on it from the thrift store. Which I guess is fine but she's buying too much & if she expects for me to give her $$$ for it. She's mistaken!! If I asked her to buy it that's one thing. She bought without my knowledge so she gets none of my $$$$$.
  • My mom is the same way. I had bottles out drying, some new some used and she saw the new ones and freaked out on me cus not all the used ones she bought were out. She told me since she bought them we have to use them. Some of those bottles looked pretty old and used and i want what I want. When my two cousins were pregnant last year she got them everythin new but now since it's me...oh used is ok for you.
  • @allie8955 Family is horrible! I swear! I'm sick of ppls opinions on what I should do. It's my kid!

@one5one Lol at your aunt! I wouldn't pay her either! Just because you do things a certain way with your kids doesn't mean I will.
  • @augustmommy I hate that! My dad and stepmom try to make everything I do just horrible, but my step moms daughter is a slut and a fuck up! Ugh! They don't expect her to do shit, but they expect me to do everything! Wth?
  • Aww pregly turned my damn into a dang! :( Damn is not bad...I don't think. lol
  • edited July 2011
    I cannot stand it! I'm breast feeding. I have nothing against formula or bottle feeding. Of course if there were a situation and couldn't produce, etc I would use it. BUT I have chosen to exclusively breast feed meaning he will get his food from my boob and that's it. But my boyfriends grandma INSISTS on not believing me and keeps getting me formula. So I've just been exchanging it for diapers :) I'll take advice and opinions all day long but when I make a decision on what I want for my son, it's final. People need to get a clue! =;
  • Sounds super cute where are you getting it from
  • I just bought my daughter a onsise that says my mom doesn't want your advise!
  • @navybabyonway Omg! Where did you get it?
  • @bentleysmommy I got it at target!
  • @navybabyonway I will definitely be making a trip to target soon. That's perfect. :-bd
  • @bentleysmommy I thought so too!
  • @bentleysmommy omgosh! Yes! Going to Target tomorrow....
  • Exactly! No one told her to spend!! Why should I pay! Some people!!
  • @navybabyonway I was just in Target on Friday and I didn't see that one! Is it one of the $4.50 onesies?