HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS???

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
I was reading in a book that its possible for the umbilical cord to pop out from your vagina?? Has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone know someone this happened to? I had a nightmare about this the night after i read about it. :-t

Comments

• Yes it can happen. Its never happened to me or anyone I know though. If it happens, it could cut off circulation to baby. I think its rare though.
  • What do you mean pop out? I've never heard of it.. kinda glad I didn't ha
  • Wow! I need somebody to write a book about the negative parts of pregnancy. Nobody ever really talks about them.
  • @minirip it could leak out of your vagina and cut off circulation to the baby... I read it in "what to expect when your expecting " and totally am freaked...even when i go pee and wipe now I check myself...I know it sounds crazy but this is my first and well you know...everything freaks me out! Lol
  • When I had my son my water broke so I went to l&d and when they checked me his head wasnt far enough down yet so they wouldnt let me get up to even go pee they said the cord could come out.
  • @ahuyser oh I understand! Wait til babys here haha. And that is totally crazy I've never heard of that happening..
  • OMG!!! This just freaked me out, but im staying possitive! 8-X
  • I had this happen to me w my 3rd daughter. It was while i was in labor they had to push her back up along w the umbilical cord and get her to drop back into place w/o the umbilical cord in the way. This is a big part as to why i am considered high risk this time around.
  • Wow that's crazy!!! @3girls_0boys was it painful? @jtmoon98 my mom had placenta previa with my sis...
  • @rubi1989 are you high risk?
  • U ass! Scares u plus u had a bad dream about it but yet u choose to tell us about it?! Like we don't have enough to worry about as it is!! :p but no I never knew that could happen pretty scary!
  • I know!!! Its crazy!! >-) but apparently its rare. @mandac10
  • Wow... :-ss Do you know the odds of this happening. I think you should rename this thread how to scare a pregly in one post ;)
  • I think she scared me into labor! Lol jk!
  • Your umbilical cord won't come out until your water breaks if it were going to happen and yes it is serious, however it is rare. I find knowledge to be informative yet scary, but id rather know what could happen then be completely oblivious
  • It is pretty scary but like @KalikoJenie said its pretty rare, I haven't heard of any cases but ill Google it and let you ladies know! >:D<
  • @mandac10 I just ran to get the towels and hot water!! Don't joke bout that ;) lol
  • @homebirthadvocate whats the odds on this happenin durin birth?
  • @ahuyser no im not consider high risk but just the thought of it gets me nervious! With my first daughter I had placenta previa but now with this second one everything been good so far..
  • Oh well that's good! I hear ya I'm always reading up on stuff, @rubi1989 I just want to be prepared ya know? :)>-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate thank you for the re assurance :)
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate not to sound like a creeper but I freakin love ya!!! You always have all the answers!!!! Thanks for the clarification I think I have officially freaked out a few peeps with my post! Lol X_X
  • I like we all guess and throw around random info and opinions until someone calls in @homebirthadvocate haha end discussion.
  • guess I am a creeper too
  • Ha ha your like the pregly guru!! @HomeBirthAdvocate if you ever change your username you should soooo consider it! Lol :p