My bf lost his little bit of marbles in Babies R Us today...

Give a man a scan gun and expect the worse. Its my own fault. He kept telling me that he trusts my judgement and to just take my Mom. We get to the store and he's so scan happy I couldn't even keep up. We're in the aisles arguing and people are laughing at us. We truely entertained the staff and customers in that store today. This idiot put a $400, hot pink, Cadillac Escalade Power Wheel on our baby registry (for goodness sakes)! My Mom kept telling me to pick my battles and that we would fix it later. Now I have to go online, delete all of the ridiculous stuff he scanned, figure out what I overlooked while I was chasing after him, and possibly go back to the store to add stuff. Meanwhile, there was an older couple with their list, consulting each other, and checking things off. I asked my bf "why he had to be such a barbarian and not like that couple?" He said "what do you care? Its free." Typical him.

Comments

• Lmao!!!!!!! :-)) Too funny!
  • Same here..i just let him scan whatever then re did the whole registry online later lol
  • Lol my husband was the same way...minus the pink escalade lol he must habe scanned about 30 bibs I swear! I too had to do secret tweaking lol
    Tell your bf the child wont be able to use thay car for a few years and by then an escalade will be sooo out of date ;)
  • My husband was the same..only he wanted to register for a Nissan GTR ...I told him that wasnt a practical baby car and there was no way someone was gonna buy it for us lol.

On a side note, you can always add things to your registry from your computer..its waaaay easier than doing it at the store!
  • edited July 2011
    @mrs_shu I think he thought he was really car shopping. I half expected his big a$$ to hop in the corvette one. Lol

I'm was so organized. I had printed out a wishlist of stuff I saw online and wanted to try out in the store and everything. He totally ruined it. When they printed out the finished list the printer was going forever. I didn't even look at it. Ill deal with it later.
  • @mommys1stbundle aww lol I sympathize...with him lol when I was a kid we ONLY had this plastic car looking thing with peddles lol even my cousins daughter who turned 21 in jan. felt she got gipped lol so as a joke a couple years ago they bought her one of those kiddie motorized cars lol
  • edited July 2011
    Lol my bf was like soooo since he's a boy, video games and sports equipment can be on there for his future right? (Meaning so he could use them now) Lord have mercy. They try. ;))
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mrs_shu Awww poor thing. I had the light pink barbie corvette power wheel. My mom still complains to this day cause she said I didn't ride it enough to get her moneys worth. Well she paid $200 for it back then. Now they're $400 and up. I've even seen Mercedes and Rolls Royce ones on tv.
  • My fiance n I were the same way n I was getting pissed cause he wouldn't let me pick anything I wanted and because he kept picking all the winnie the pooh stuff! I don't want winnie the pooh for my daughter I thought we had decided on tinkerbell cause that's Wat I wanted! Ugh now I'm stuck with a winnie the pooh car seat, swing, bouncey chair, and high chair ugh n of course he ripped the tags off ASAP I was furious!
  • @mshahir I just uploaded a photo for you so you can laugh at my pained childhood lol
  • @mommakk88 Oh hell no! I would have wrestled him for the scanner. I'm sure the Winnie the Pooh is cute but that's not what you agreed on.
  • @mommas1stbundle o I tried n then I started crying so he took me home.... it sucked n I'm still upset! The stuff is cute n not that bad but it doesn't match her room :( I mean its green like a lot of her stuff is but not Wat I wanted at all :'( the thing that makes me the most upset is we agreed I would get to do the girl stuff n he would get to do the boy with his sports.... but noooo I'm stuck with a combo of tinkerbell n winnie the pooh.... o well not much I can do now. He even picked our daughters name I feel like I have no say....
  • Oh don't be to hard in him. At least he was there with you. My man gets scan crazy to, not hot pink big wheels crazy but crazy. Lol. We argue in babiesrus all the time. Their just excited.
  • This is what I'm scared of...
  • I enlisted my sis, mom, and cousin to help me register. I told my bf he will see it all after my shower lol. I think since I'm having a girl he just gives me the reigns lol
  • no store trip for us. between my husband being scan happy as well and our other two kids it would not go well. online worked well for us.
  • Oh man. I just convinced my boyfriend to go with me this weekend...I hope he can control himself. :/
  • :-)) nice!
  • Lmao that was my hubby my last pregnancy this time I did it myself lol
  • I'm usually pretty scan happy, but so many things we'd like for baby were so costly my restraint kicked in.
  • @mommakk88 If y'all ever have a boy you should definitely pull rank.

@menemami He didn't even want to go. I think he was enjoying watching my head spin.

@excitedforoctober I wanted him to feel included but if I had it to do again I would leave him home. That's just my advice.

@starrxoxo9 He's a smart man!

@survivormommie3 That was smart. I'm making all my tweeks online.

@surprisebaby I suggest you either lay down the rules in advance or grab the scanner before he does.

@bigmamak I would say I know for next time but this is a one and done deal for me. Lol

@potato I was trying to watch prices as well but he kept saying "its free stuff". I'm like no its not. Somebody has to buy that stuff.
  • I finally decided to start going over the list. He registered for cloth diaper pins......we're not even using diapers. The real icing on the cake was the little letters that you hang on the wall to spell out the babys name. I told him that I had ordered a wall decal with her name to match her bedding. He decided to scan them anyway. Well the fool spelled his childs name wrong. Lol. Wait til he gets home from work.
  • @mommys1stbundle o I will lol n big time no sports :P it will be blue n brown n cream with stars I think... I'm a star freak as well as tinkerbell lol all my tattoos have stars
  • Lmao @ spelling her name wrong... guys are too funny sometimes!!
  • Lmao @ spelling her name wrong... guys are too funny sometimes!!
  • Oops sorry!! Lol
  • Lmfao!!!!! That is hilarious! "A pink Cadillac" for a new born. Reminds me so much of my man when we went he was clicking EVERYTHING!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.