Ok i need some advice.

So my boyfriend and I have a really good relationship, we are very close and do everything together....now that being said I have a friend who always wants to hangout with us and does nothing but constantly bitch about her bf and that he ignores her, and it annoys me I don't even like hanging out with her anymore. I feel like she flirts with my boyfriend when we hangout and it makes me very uncomfortable, he notices it as well... Lately he will call me while he's at work and say that my friend has been texting him just saying she's at work bored and things like that or asks If we want to hangout later.... But she will never text me and ask? Or if I don't respond to her texts she will text him asking if we want to hangout and its really starting to piss me off.... She can obviously tell that if I don't respond I am not interested in hanging out and and it just gets under my skin she texts my boyfriend ....am I just being jealous?

Comments

• Nope...she is over stepping the boundaries. She probably sees that your bf gives you lots of attention and is trying to get some of that herself. I would keep a super close eye on that whole sitiuation.
  • edited July 2011
    Your friend is over stepping her boundaries and that scenario wouldn't sit well with me either. She has no right to be texting your bf to begin with if the two of you are friends and began as friends...
  • No I dont think your just being jealous at all... She needs to back off, just because her relationship sucks doesnt give her right to stick her nose into yours. Id tell her your pissed with her an shes gotta give you and your man space, or just phase her out, ignore the calls, tell her you cant hang out etc.
  • @mommyo3soon2b4 & @k_baBix0 thank you! It happened yesterday and I got really pissed off and I couldn't tell if I was mad because of my hormones or if I have a real reason, and I don't know how to confront her about it, what do I say?! Stop texting my boyfriend bitch! Is what I want to say hahaha
  • Why on EARTH your friend has your bf # to begin with?! Hmmm? You allowed access for something not too good to happen. So just call her up and just tell her assertively to give you and your bf some personal, private space. And block her # from bf cell. Let's end the drama okay?!
  • @moroccanmexicanbaby she has his phone number because my cell phone was shattered for a few days and I called her from his phone and ever since this has been going on.
  • I would be upfront with her about it and tell her that its not okay for her to be texting your boyfriend. I would also block it to where she cant call him. I would also just tell her that while you enjoy hanging ojt with her tbat you and the bf need time together alone. If she is a true friend she will back off and understand.
  • Ahhhh, yes! Okay, i tell you what... she just did a big NO NO! So tell her, she has no right to text your bf. And if she wants to continue friendship, to respect your decision. I am sure she can fix her own problems and she to may need her space to reflect. Try giving her that advice.
  • I firmly believe that when you're in a relationship the worst thing you can do is have your friends in it with you. your friends should be YOURS and if you all hang together it shouldn't be something on a regular basis. Attraction is too natural of a thing to play with and some women/men don't know how to ignore those feelings.
  • Tell your bf to ask her not to text him anymore and if she continues you'll see the motivation. If you tell her yourself she may very well think you're being "insecure" and persuade you to feel differently when.you shouldn't. You have every right to not want her in your mix.
  • @k_babi0 thank you that is very good advice! I'm going to have to do it because it just been bugging the hell out of me.
  • I definitely agree with @k_baBixo
    Have him do it in a nice way. Like say something like, "idk, why don't you ask my gf?" When she asks to hang out. Have him end it there with no other texts. Or if she texts him 'what are you doing' have him either not respond or say something like "I'm at work can't talk." Or "night with the gf"
    She will get the hint.

Honestly I would not stress this situation or take it very far to lose a friend. I would ween her out of your lives for now and leave the option to come back later. You can always pull the pregnancy card and tell her you and your bf have a lot going on right now.

It just sounds like she has a crappy relationship and wants someone to hang around that will make her feel better about things.
  • I am going to say you need to tell her to stop texting and calling your dude. it's fine if it has to do with YOU, but otherwise it's inappropriate and she needs to back off.
  • She has no reason to be doing that. Tell her to stop texting him. That's not cool at all.