feel like the worst mommy

I'm currently 27 weeks with my second child. I feel like the worst mommy in the world because I keep getting these terrible headaches and I don't feel like I'm giving my 4 yr old the attention she deserves before the baby comes. She understands that the baby gives me headaches (I've explained to her I got them when I was pg with her too) but her telling me to go lay down breaks my heart. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Yep. I'm on strict bedrest and my two year old can't understand why mommy can't play or why it takes me forever to get him food or drink or why I can't pick him up. . .the list goes on and on
  • Meeee!! Since I've been put on bedrest I really can't do much with my 5y/o. When I go lay down she's like your going to sleep again???? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if someone was here with us. Her sister is in Va for the summer, so it's just us. Sometimes I feel so bad that I break my bedrest rules just to get her out of the house.
  • Yes! I have two kids 6&2 and I'm soo tired this pregnancy that my 6 yr old tells me to sit and relax...he's got everything under control! I'm glad I raised such a great kid but really I'm the momma.........its My job
  • Yea I feel really bad too because I am so tired. My 3 1/2 is such a sweet heart too when I am sick he brings water. The worst is when he wants what I am eating then I really feel bad cause I don't wanna share haha. He seems to really understand about the baby. Can't wait to see how he acts when joey gets here 8 weeks left!
  • i feel horrible that i cant take my 2 1/2 year old son to the park or even in the back yard to swim because its just too hot...daddy doesnt do too much to help out but thank god my mom lives here too...i feel like ive lost my bond with my baby boy over the last few weeks :-(
  • Thanks everyone. I am also very lucky to have such a mature and understanding daughter. It really helps when dad gets home and is willing to do things like go to the park with her. I still feel bad when I don't want to go because my head is throbbing and I'm dizzy. I'm glad I'm not alone :)
  • me! I was out the first 18 wks of this pregnancy. i have a 5 and 6 yr old and they are excited for the baby. but i also have morning sickness back again so i have been very sick the past 3 wks. i feel like it's crunch time and my poor kids dont get enough attention now, let alone when the baby comes