buying used travel systems.. need your opinion

So my friend emailed me today to tell me she's selling her chicco travel system for $150!! Everythings in excellent condition! And the price is unbeatable for the brand and the fact that its one of the highest rated in safety. Her son is 1 and a half now. I never thought id buy a used carseat but I trust her, its in super great condition, and the price is great!! What do y'all think??

Comments

• Not worth it.
  • Im iffy on using used car seats but since you know where its coming from and it hasn't been in an accident and you know for sure I say why not. Also check the recall list as well.
  • I would just spend the extra money and get a new one that I KNOW is in perfect condition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003BK32VA/ref=mp_s_a_8?qid=1310430736&sr=8-8
  • edited July 2011
    thats a great deal! its not like its from craigslist and you dont know where its been or what happened to it.. i payed over 180 just for my new carseat and its another 300 for the double stroller im NOW going to need 150 for both seems like a great deal and if she is your friend and you trust her and its still in good shape why not! mY sister in law barrowed my chicco carseat for her son i dont see why anything would b wrong with that plus chicco is AMAZINGGG my son looooved his carseat! its so padded i never felt bad ever having him in it :] good luck momma!
  • Just check expiration and make sure she bought it new also... I dont see why not. My sons carseat is our friends son who is now 14 months. I check it thouroughly and made sure all was good with it.
  • You might want to buy a new carseat and use the rest of the system. Even if the carseat hasn't been in an accident, they have a shelf life.

If you decide to do it, check the recall list just in case. Even good brands have recalls now and then.
  • I'll check for recalls I do trust her. I would never even consider buying from Craigslist or anywhere else used. If I were to buy just the car seat new its be over 150.. image look up for recalls if everything's good then I'm gonna go for it, it too good of a deal to pass up.. thanks for your opinion ladies
  • Oh and she did buy it brand new :)
  • Only recall I found was for the bases made in february andmarch of 2008.. she bought hers december 2009. Score!
  • @saras @blueberrysmom so I couldn't even sleep thinking about this!! Lol my conscious wont let me buy used carseat! Guess it's a good thing, plus I know I'll cry if there's even a tiny thing wrong with it and it being used I wont be able to do anything about it. My baby girl and her safety is worth the extra money :)
  • if you know where its coming from and that it hasnt been in any accidents then i would...
  • Glad to hear it, love! It's not much more to get the new system and you'll sleep better knowing you did. Just buy baby clothes on sale to make up the difference. =D>