What to pack in a labor bag and baby bag??

edited February 2011 in Giving birth
This is my first baby and I don't know what I need to pack in my labor bag and in the baby bag? I know clothes for him to come home in and a receiving blanket and clothes for me to wear while I'm there but I'm lost about almost everything else.

Comments

• I only brought clothes for myself and baby everything else is there from pads to diapers and formula if not breast feeding blankets are provided as well you can always call the hospital and ask what is provided and what's not
  • This is my first to but I was told take underwear that u dnt care if it gets messed up n take stuff to keep u entertained music computer n comfy stuff maybe take like stuff for a shower n my mom said take a bra that u can breastfeed in n the cream so they dnt get chapped n make sure u already have the carseat in the car cuz I think they check that before u leave...when r u due?
  • Im wondering that too. My first is due in may
  • Don't forget your phones, cameras, along with all the chargers and extra memory cards. Hair ties! Tooth brush, face wash, etc. Comfy shoes. You're usually in a gown so they check you so you would only need an outfit to go home in. The carseat! I think if you Google it, some sites have a check list you can print out.
  • Ok I packed everything from his pacifier to baby wipes to blankets... for myself just a hair brush hair ties & night gowns everything else was provide for me but for my son I was very picky!
  • I'm due may 6th. I've been told to start getting things ready around 30 to 35 weeks and I'm 29 now. Thank everyone so much. I'm getting really nervous cause it's so close. :)
  • Don't forget snacks especially if you deliver @ night. There won't be any food available from the hospital. After birth you will be starving! Good luck!
  • And remember gum or mouthwash there is nothing like spending hours in labor and the family descends upon you with dry mouth and bad breath I also packed small mirror I had laid in labor hours before an emergency c section I would have love to have been able to fix my hair before everyone started taking those memorable first pics I looked like I had been in a war zone and they came out nothing like I expected I am not conceited in the least but it is a big day and u will want to show them pics off forever
  • um insurance info maybe, ur birth plan.
  • I just packed my bag tonight.. I'm taking comfy clothes for me, my bath robe.. lots of butt undies, a nursing bra, breast feeding pads and the cream for your nipples if they get sore.. I packed my own pads cause the hospitals kinda suck.. also chapstick gum or hard candy.. for baby Im taking 2 sleepers and her coming home outfit as well as mittens .. hey baby book is important to record her footprints too! I'm bringing my own bathroom stuff as well and makeup for afterwards or the next day pics w baby :) can't wait!
  • @italianmommi26- how far along are you?
  • Thats not true even tho its late after u give birth the will find u something 2 eat. Even if its just a plain sandwhich
  • Make-up! After labor dark circles n puffy eyes. Don't look good for all those camera shots. A lil concelar and mascara and 30 seconds later you look brand new! Deordant, and body lotion, cell phone charger, and a big smile :-) are good too!!
  • They give u weird netted underwears lol and I loved the big pads they give u that r almost like diapers cause I blead like crazy after I had my daughter but the normal size ones they give u 4 when ur not bleeding so badly do suck.
  • 34 weeks today :) but I packed a bag now cause I've had peterm labor issues. How far along are you jojo?
  • I'm 30 weeks. ;;) I'm already getting my bag together. Mostly cuz I'm just excited and nervous. But I want to be ready in case I go into preterm labor.
  • I also have made sure to get my partner to pack a small bag for himself if the labour is long so he doesn't have to leave me. :-) i've almost finished mine and i'm 35 weeks wednesday. But anytime after 30 weeks is a safe bet just to be prepared for an early arrival! :-D