how to cope with bereavement in my condition

edited July 2011 in Loss
I don't know if I'm coping well but my father died last night in hospital but today I've managed to stay calm and normal, well so far and now I feel sad again, like I'm losing it. Is this all part of the grieving experience? I've never had to go through this before, especially at 8 months prego

Comments

• I have dealt with loss but not whilst pregnant. All I can say is that this sounds normal to me. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, have faith that he is looking down on you though. X
  • edited July 2011
    I'm SO sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine how you feel. You are grieving normally. Try thinking of the good times you shared and how he is no longer suffering in this crazy world. It's ok to cry. Prayers and condolences to you and your family.
  • Sorry about ur loss. Prayers r with u. Hang in there mama.
  • I lost my mom a year ago this month... it is so hard to deal with losing a parent. I'm so sorry for your loss. I think you are grieving as normal as grieving gets hun... your going to have lots of really hard days. I still cry a lot and miss her so much. If u ever need someone to talk to just tag me or email me walliehead@yahoo.com ... keep a good watch on your depression it can get pretty bad and with being as far along as you are it can get worse especially after u give birth sweetheart. Keep your head up hun... and remember your not alone.
  • Hunny you are doing fine. I coded my best friend when I was 8 months pregnant. We live in a small town and I work for the ambulance. At first your gna be in shock and cry off and on. After it sets in you will find yourself breaking down and crying. Just let it out. Cry all that you want and don't hold back. Its healthier to let it out then bottle it in. God bless you and your family.
  • So sorry hun!! My brother passed away 3.5 years ago. I can say for about a year and I half I struggled with roller coaster emotions!!! Like 2ndbutfirst said, everyone grives differently. Don't let anyone just make you "get over it." Let all your emotions out whenever needed. I wasn't pregnant when my brother died but I am now and my sister is suicidal. I can't imagine losing a loved one while pregnant! !!!
  • I am so terribly sorry, hun. Prayers to you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss I recently went through my great grandpa passing away I now have one left just makesure to be hydrated and eat even if u have to force it
  • Thank you for all your kind words and support. I am just not sure if I am coping well. It's like I just want to be over with grieving already but my emotions won't let me. We were very close and he was a very funny man. I'm sad he won't meet his grandson but everyone is telling me that I need to be strong for the baby of which I intend to do.