Stretch marks yet?

edited July 2011 in October 2011
Someone posted about weight gain, now I'm wondering how many of us are getting the dreaded stretch marks yet? Even though I'm -1 on weight gain, I'm getting stretch marks around my belly button and on my hips close to my back

Comments

• Up 11lbs but haven't gotten any...hopefilly stays that way
  • i already have them from my first, their colorless but ridgy. i noticed the other day getting out of the shower a purple mark on my upper abdomen and was wondering if this was the beginning of these dreadful things.
  • @excitedforoctober one of the lucky ones, are you using anything?
  • @btrflyqt85 where your old ones always colorless or did they change that way? Purple sounds more like a vain, I heard they pop up all over the place during pregnancy, but most of the time go away
  • I'm a September / October mommy (due btwn 20th and 2nd)
    I'm +34lbs none yet *knocks on wood* :/
  • Ive noticed one new one on my side, old ones are silvery white and this ones redy. purple, and i have quite a few on the insides of my legs grrr. Other than that ive just got really dark wiggly veins on my stomach, but im fair skinned so have to put up with spider veins unforunatly. Im due oct 7
  • @ashes your so lucky, after baby we can drop the weight but I don't know if the stretch marks will go away
  • always colorless, but baby grew quick once i hit 4 months so i thats what made them deeper( i also gained 50lbs) body never was the same... oh and i havent gained any weight with this pregnancy yet thank goodness. they appear everywhere in some cases, not all. mine are mostly on my lower belly area and boobs! lol
  • just the usual on the side but none on my belly I keep a thick coating of cocoa butter on and this my 2nd so hopefully I won't have any if I keep my little routine going
  • @louisesfirstbaba do you remember if your old ones had color? The spider vines do the lighten after baby gets here
  • I have gained about 60 lbs but I only got stretch marks on my sides and legs until 2 days ago I felt an odd spot on my belly and asked my bf what it was and he said " there are a few stretch marks, I didn't want to tell you but youve had them for about 2 weeks." :( I only have 3 weeks to go...I thought I was in the clear for belly stretch marks too!
  • @mschop yes, they were a light shade of purple last year now they are just really textured but a silvery colour. And ive had the veins on my thighs all my life theres no getting rid without cosmetic sugury, but hopefully the ones on my tum go!
  • @chelseamarie at lest there only a couple and getting close to the end
  • edited July 2011
    ive been good till recently. although i have ollld ones from growth spurts as a teen and really faded ones on belly from ul weight gain years ago.. but mine have started where the old belly ones left off, but theres only about 3 or 4 and each 1/2 inch or smaller. i think i few are popping up on my front right, but i cant tell, lol im 33.5 wks
  • @louisesfirstbaba there is hope, :-) I will be okay with the colorless ones just these red ones kinda worry me
  • I'm 25 w5 d and have gained 10 pounds. I have some under ny belly button that i say look like smiles. Lol
  • just a few on my right hip but i have had those and u cant even really see them (knock on wood) lol i better not jinx myself!
  • I gained 19 pounds and I am 24 weeks. I don't have any yet. My mom never got any and she gained 50 ponds with me. I am hoping I don't get any. It is supposed to be hereditary. I guess if your mom didn't then you shouldn't. Who knows if that is true and I am sure there people who get them and their mothers didn't.
  • @mschop My mom or sister never got any and my mom got huge with all her pregnanies so its probably heriditary. But yes I use Mama Mio tummy butter, its expensive ($35 per little tub) but that might also be whats helping me not get any.
  • I have no stretch marks almost 26 weeks... and I haven't used lotion or anything... fingers crossed!!
  • Havent gotten any new ones wit this pregnancy and the ones from my 2nd pregnancy are real light and if I tan they fade. Never got red ones but I always stay lotioned up
  • I'm 27 weeks I've gained 16 lbs and I've gotten stretch marks on the top of my thighs they're light red almost pinkish so I know those will fade and I just started getting a few small ones on my belly :( lol but I mean I guess its not too bad they're silverish/red not dark at all and FYI I've been moisturizing my tummy since day ONE so lotion or not that won't make them not appear I just hope they fade soon after birth
  • I'm 33 weeks and none so far. I hope I didn't just jinx myself...
  • None with my first, but I had her at 34w6d. I am 37w4d and none so far but my belly is getting big so I am not holding my breath.
  • If it goes from my mom then I'm effed I remember her belly had tons of marks @momaynot
    @Sara102011 aww you got cute stretch marks lol
  • My old ones have streched. Had too damn many too notice any new ones.
  • lol yeah at least i got stretch marks with personality @mschop
  • I have them on my thighs!! :'(
  • Im 31w..