Depressed.. again :/

edited July 2011 in Depression
This whole situation with my mom has left me all messed up. Yesterday, me & my fiance packed up, and drove 4 hours to his parents house. Well, as we were leaving my mom's house, I figured it would be common courtesy to call her and let her know that everything was in order, and we were heading out. She let me finish my sentence, then hung up in my face. If I said 2 whole words to my fiance yesterday, I said a mouthful. I can't sleep, can't eat, can't think, or function. I keep telling myself it isn't my fault over & over again, but I can't stop myself from actually feeling like it is. Being 34 weeks pregnant & horomonal isn't helping the cause, either. I thought about trying some anti-depressants or something, but I'm not really okay with doing that while pregnant. I know that everything's going to be okay, and that eventually I'll learn to cope without my mom in my life, but right now I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ugh, I REALLY didn't want this to happen. :(

Comments

• What went down with your mom if you don't mind my asking?
    I kinda feel your pain. My mom has been my #1 irritation this entire pregnancy. I didn't even want to tell her i was pregnant, but for the fact of hearing it for the rest of my life i let hubby go over and tell my parents around 13 wks. she blew a gaskett and acted as if i was going to die (i DO have health issues. but after my surgeries i asked my surgeon among several several different occasions if it was safe for me to conceive again and he said it would perfectly ok- it just might be difficult). So she opens her big fat mouth and announces it to the whole world and calls me telling me i need to call my grandma after every appointment, bla bla bla crap. i think not. i can't even stand the woman. she's YOUR mom, YOU tell her if you are so concerned..... *eh, hem* I'm sorry... my mini vent imposed on your post........
  • @survivormommie3 Oh, trust me, venting is a good thing!

To make a long story short, my mom decided she wants nothing to do with me or my unborn daughter because I didn't agree with appointing my 17 year old sister (who carries herself as a immature, ignorant slut, to put it nicely) as my daughter's nanny, which escalated into my mom letting me I'm immature & that people are trying to wake me up before my daughter's born. When I stood up for myself, and told her that she's wrong, and that I didn't do anything to deserve that, she BLEW up, and "washed her hands" of us. There's a lot more to it, but that's the just of it.
  • It's going to be difficult but you are going to be a great mom!! And knows what's best for your baby. Be positive, your baby can feel when you aren't feeling too happy.
  • @jcmommy I don't doubt that I'll be a good mom. I know how strong willed of a person I am, and I'm gonna learn how to be a parent just like every other parent out there had to. I just needed my mom's support. I never had a close relationship to my mom, and I can't remember a time that I actually WANTED her around.. until I got pregnant. It's a complicated feeling. I wish it weren't so hard to cope with this whole situation, but just like every thing else in life, I'll somehow manage to push through.