Autumn Mommmas!!

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
How many of you are going crazy for autumn to be here?! I am so so so excited for the colors to change and pumpkins to come out!! Im due in October so I know when the leaves start to change I will be getting even closer. Im making a pumpkin pie this weekend because I have been craving it! Lol any of you other autumn moms craving fall foods and the change in season??

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yes! I want the cooler weather! I'm due in october as well and autumn means we're so close! I can't decide if I want to put her in a halloween costume or not, I wouldn't take her trick or treating but it'd be some cute pictures
  • Yes! I jus luv Halloween an costume shopping an dressing my babies up an pumpkins can't wait.!!!
  • Oooo now you got me all excited! Cant wait to see all of the leaves fall, carve pumpkins, get everything ready for halloween, great food, octoberfest! And the smell of the season is just oh so relaxing! Cant wait to go out and take walks since I will start working out to get my body back!

Im so excited!
  • I've never been so excited about fall either im with you on that girl;) its so close yet so far...
  • I want pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sooooooo bad with a starbucks frap
  • @lmelanson you should come visit colorado in the fall sometime! sooo beautiful! especially the aspens in the mountains..omg..gorgeous! but it would be pretty cool if palm trees changed colors. they would look really cool! im excited for christmas too! im craving all the holiday foods and such. and i cant wait to decorate and put a stocking up for my girl :)
    @kimberly4411 im putting her in a pumpkin costume and she will be my pumpkin :) im worried about trick or treaters coming to our house because she is going to be so little and i dont want her to wake up like crazy but maybe she will be good and just want to sleep the whole time. i want to decorate for the trick or treaters to.
    @mrz_jackson2anpreggo im dressing mine up like a pumpkin too! she has so many cousins that will be stopping by on halloween so i feel like she should be able to dress up to! lol. i dont know what im going to be for halloween since i will have just had a baby. maybe ill be a whoopie cushion lol
  • Yes, been canning which I usually only do in Fall! Usually apple & pear butters and sauces. Now strawberry jams and cherry preserves!! I figure won't really feel like doing all this in October when I'm about to pop!!!
  • @Momof22be o my word, those cookies sound amazing! Ughh I hate being broke or I'd try to make them
  • I'm due the 25th of Oct. I'm totally ready for fall weather, I've never been so hot in my life as I've been this summer! My daughter starts kindergarten this fall too though, so I'm wanting time to slow down and speed up all at once lol!
  • @rubi1989 mmm apple cinnamon! that smells delicious! and pumpkin spice! delish! pumpkin spice latte from starbucks?!?!?! do you get that!? i cant wait for that to come out again. mmm. it will be nice to work out in cool weather. this is the hottest summer of my whole life i hate it. lol
    @marabel ive been excited before but never like this! i want to even shop for myself for clothes for fall like new jeans, sweaters, hoodies, boots, scarfs. im so excited for all of it! July is almost half way over.. 2 more weeks til august... then one more month! and autumn will be here!
    @momof22be mmm i want pumpkin cupcakes!! will a pumpkin spice frap too! sooo good. maybe this year starbucks will debut a brand new fall drink to go with the pumpkin spice! that would be pretty awesome, give us preggos some more variety for our autumn cravings lol
  • I don't make them I buy them I am like the worst baker ever supisingly I used to work in a bakery as a cake decorator and I did do some baking but yes it does suck to be broke I totally am so it will be another week before o can satisfy my craving lmao @kimberly4411
  • Yea maybe do they make chai fraps? I love chai tea it smells like Christmas to me @sarah102011
  • Yes ! I'm due Nov 6 and I can't wait for the Oct/Nov weather ..in cali its the best!
  • @jellybelly1015 thats pretty cool! ive never done that before. yeah its good you are getting it out of the way now so you dont feel like you missed out. mmm apple butter sounds so amazing! i would love to make homemade apple butter.
    @laura536 im telling you this is the worst heat i have ever had to endure! lol. thats awesome your daughter is starting kindergarden this year and youre having a baby! i would think that the new baby would be easier to take care of since she is going to be in school. is she doing all day kindergarden or half day?
  • Does starbucks have decaf fraps?
  • @momof22be yeah they do! if you want a chai frap that reminds you of christmas get this: vanilla chai frap with caramel drizzle on the whip. that drink is to die for and it tastes just like christmas. its delicious. it tastes so much like christmas i only get it during the holiday season. even though now talking about it i want one really bad. lol
    @mommy2b1111 i bet that it would be nice in cali during that time! i would go to cali around then. its already snowing in colorado by halloween lol
  • I'm due about a week bfor Halloween! and I'm craving Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes so badly!
  • @mommy2b1111 i dont know. ive never asked. im sure you could look it up on their website!
  • I'm due Halloween so im hoping he/she comes before so I can dress her/him up wit my other 2 .
  • edited July 2011
    It's pretty easy only sounds more cumbersome than it is. Butter can be done in cockpit all day and makes house smell like heaven. No need to add pectin and all that. We still have a couple we've been squirreling away for now lol. I might have to make more when I'm.a whale anyway.... Great all year....if you want recipe, just let me know!!!
  • @excitedforoctober i even went online to see when they came out again but i cant find it! im pretty sure its september because thats when i think they came out last year. delish delish!
  • Thank you everyone, now I want a pumpkin spice latte, a pumpkin cupcake, and pumpkin chocolate chips cookies... Ugh I should've married a baker, ooo and pumpking pie!
  • @mrz_jackson2anpreggo when do you find out what youre having?! or are you keeping it a secret? that would be real cool if he/she came out on halloween! maybe in the morning and you can still put a onesie or something halloweenish on them.
    @jellybelly1015 yeah ill have to get that from you sometime! im not in the position to make any currently but i would love to in a couple months when my place is all set up.
  • @kimberly4411 youre welcome :) pumpkin pies are pretty easy to make! the recipe is on the can. and so is pumpkin cupcakes. but i dont think there is a recipe on the can for those. i got mine from a cupcake book.

tip: make your cupcakes with buttermilk instead of water. makes the texture so much more moist. im sure most of you guys knew this but for those who dont dont ever forget it!
  • I'm definitely impatiently waiting for the fall too. I am so over this Summer heat!
  • @jnettep this has been the worst summer ever! and our car has a head gasket issue so it over heats if you dont run the heat the whole time! so i dont ever have a/c in the car its always heat and the windows down are the only way to get cool. its horrible!!
  • @sara102011 brilliant! I'll have to keep buttermilk in mind!
  • @kimberly4411 yeah and you just use as much as you would if it were water. i might have to make pumpkin cupcakes instead of pumpkin pie.. mmm.. maybe ill make both :)
  • She's doing half day kindergarten, since they don't have full day here. I think it will help to have some just me and baby time during the day, but I can't believe she's big enough for school! Time flies, lol!