Experienced mommas help pleaseeee!!

edited July 2011 in Sleep
So I brought my little girl home yesterday. She's pretty small, only 6 lbs 12 oz.. And I just dknt know where to put her when she sleeps. She crumples up in her bouncer. And in her crib, i dunno how to place her or put her blankets?? I know on her back but like shes not spose to have a blanket in there?? I have horrible anxiety..i dont want her to suffocate. & then when I do put her down she wakes up

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Swaddle her in her blanket and lay her on her back. Get on you tube to learn how to swaddle correctly
  • edited July 2011
    My son does the same thing. He wants to sleep beside us at night. Right now we let him if he wakes up for several hours. I am trying to help him get used to his bassinet during the day (when I'm awake) try to lay her down where you want her to sleep everytime she's sleepy but if she wants to be held at a certain time to fall asleep its ok. She will be fine.
  • They have a swaddle blanket at wallmart its easy to use if using a normal blanket is to hard
  • Blankets are fine just ensure they are well tucked in and dont come up past her chest..and if you put her feet to the bottom of the crib she cant wriggle down
  • The first few weeks my son slept in his swing or carseat. The nurse said its bc tjey feel like theyre being held still. He now sleeps in his crib and loves it.
  • When my baby gets here ill be using one of these as i feel uneasy about a blankie, thats just me though, they are very. Usefull, especially when changing there nappy when there sleeping
    amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002Z2UIDU/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1310591198&sr=1-4
  • When my baby gets here ill be using one of these as i feel uneasy about a blankie, thats just me though, they are very. Usefull, especially when changing there nappy when there sleeping
    amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B002Z2UIDU/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1310591198&sr=1-4
  • Sorry stupid phone posting a zillion times!
  • Okay thank you all!!!! I just get sooo nervous. I didnt sleep for more than an hour the two days in the hospital. So ill put her ll the way at the end kf the crib swaddled and then if I feel like shes not warm enoubh then I can put a blanket over her tucked in the sides of the crib.
    Ive tried fhe carseat but she doesntike the head placer thing lol. We neeeeeed a swing!