Ugh!

I get annoyed everytime I read a post about stretch marks or somebody worried about gaining weight. We all know that it happens during pregnancy. Either you do or you don't. Stretch marks are normal and nobody cares cause most of us have them. Men don't care about that stuff either. He'll still love/want you after you gain a little weight and get a few stretch marks! Your body changes while your pregnant we all knew/know that. It's selfish and dumb to be upset over something that you knew would happen once you found out you were pregnant...Get over it.

Comments

• Lol I agree.:-)
  • Lol I agree! I had stretch marks before the kids. Ill have them after! Not one man I've ever met/dated...including hubby...ever cared about them. Nor did they ask. Hell some men have them too!! My hubby does & he's 160lbs! Its life. Pregnancy does odd things. Either you take it or don't get pregs.
  • @one5one I'm saying! Men are simple and if they love or want you they could care less about stretch marks, lol. I had them on my sides before I got pregnant and now I have them on my belly and I don't care. I'm actually kind of proud of them. Mommy symbol, lmao.
  • Yep! I've had a few on my belly before baby. But after a had a lot. Then I gained alot of weight after she was born & now got them everywhere. Lost the weight so they aren't too bad. But why dwell on them? Not like they'll ever disappear!
  • @one5one That's true! Permanent reminders of what you went through. They really aren't that bad. I haven't gained too much weight this pregnancy just 3 lbs, but we'll see how much I gain in the next 10 weeks, lol.
  • Sorry didny post sooner. Made hub take me on a Taco Bell run! Lol
    How many weeks are you? I'm 28 weeks on Saturday. I don't know how much I gained. Maybe bout 15. I was actively losing weight when I got preg so to see the scale id flip out. I've lost a lot during the 1st trimester so I'm just not keeping track.
  • Okay I was one of them woman crying over stretch marks I was very voluptuous before I had my first a lot of hips and top but hardly a belly I ended up gaining 111 pounds with my daughter I was sad not one stretch mark on my belly than it was like over night I had hundreds of them....... Now I don't care I consider them my mommy certificate
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tell it girl!
  • lol AMEN! i got mines 8 years ago with my first. i'm over it. they are a part of me haha
  • I mean we all kno it happens but i dnt think theres anything wrong in venting abt it. Me as a first time mom was so convinced i wouldnt get stretch marks on my tummy, but surprise, i got em! They bother me a bit bcuz ive always had beautiful skin but i kno i cant do anything about it. My bf doesnt mind at all but it jus makes me a bit insecure n i dnt think im selfish or dumb to wish i didnt have em. But i would sacrifice anything for my kid so ill jus live with it. Doesnt mean im not allowed to complain about it lol
  • I get that going into we all know what can happen, however I think it's different after it actually does. Now I'm not one of the girls who has ever posted about it nor have I actually complained about it outside of my husband. However I had an eating disorder before I got pregnant cuz I have major self image issues. I'm sooo very happy to be having my first little boy, however it is taking more of a toll on me emotionally than I originally expected. I'm on bedrest so I can't do any sort of exercise so I'm gaining a little quicker than I had hoped for and in places I definitely didn't expect. My butt, thighs, arms, face, even my feet and hands are bigger(swollen). Yes my husband still thinks I'm beautiful and wants me...it doesn't make it any easier for someone who already had self image issues. I am well aware of the fact that I still have more to gain and more stretch marks to get. If you don't want to read about it than don't open the post. I personally don't like hearing about peoples stretch marks either....so I just don't open them.
  • edited July 2011
    yea...stretch marks suck:( but my husband still loooves me :) ......
    he BETTER!!!
  • LOL! Mine are super light but I've had them since I was like 18 and no one has ever had a problem with them :p I hate posts like that so I just don't open them! They're super annoying :(
  • I wouldn't care about getting stretch marks at all, I know hubby doesn't think a thing of them and he likes thicker girls and what not, but I kinda model for a living :/ maintaining my body and preventing things such as that is kinda in my job description. They can be photoshopped out and whatnot but idk, hard to cope with. I don't go around QQ'ing about it by any means but I def see where you are coming from, it's just one of those sacrifices ya make for your babies :)
  • @one5one I'm 29 weeks, I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday! I was kind of losing weight before I got pregnant and I hate hearing people talk about weight while I'm pregnant cause it just makes me feel fat, lol. Hopefully the baby weight will come off faster then I expect it to.

@mama0811 Lmao!!! Ur silly! Yes, I hope the baby weight comes off fast!

@FirstTimeMommyToBe Lol. Yeah I have them all over my tummy, but they look like bruises and not stretch marks. Idk, lol. My bf likes them so idc.

@smcox I'm sorry to hear about your eating disorder and how you felt prepregnancy, but I'm glad your starting to embrace it a little. Having somebody in your corner doesn't hurt either. :)
  • I've always been voluptuous and curvy so to gain a little pregnancy weight and a few stretch marks wouldn't bother me. I've never really been insecure about myself either. Even on my bad days I still look in the mirror and find something beautiful about myself. That's just me though and I know some people struggle with this issue, but pregnancy is beautiful. Yes, it's stressful, painful, annoying, frustrating, confusing, and nerve wrecking, but it's beautiful. To be able to give life and to feel that life grow inside of you is something I would trade anything in this world to be able to do. It's a part of our strength as women! I feel like if we can give birth to kids, we can do anything!
  • I love your attitude! :X
  • Our bodies can be back to good shape if we take care of ourselves. I plan to shed 20 lbs as my goal during post preggo. I am just worried that i am not leaking milk. I want to nourish my son with good milk. I don't care about stretch marks or linea nigrea, nor things like it.
  • @Moroccanmexicanbaby I'm hoping for that, but even if it doesn't I'll be fine. :)
  • I am tired of this line: "I'm 35 weeks and I've gained 7 lbs.! Is that too much?" Seriously? Knock it off!
  • @shanlam Lmao! Yep! Idk why people feel the need to ask us retarded questions or cry about gaining weight or stretch marks. They go hand in hand, lol.