What would you do? (Doctor doesn’t seem to care)

I’m 29 weeks and on Friday found myself in the ER (at some bootleg hospital out of town) because 3 drops of blood dripped from me right after I finished a bowel movement. There was no blood after that and the doctor checked my anus for fissures and hemorrhoids. Nothing. My cervix was closed, she didn’t see any blood, and gave me a prescription for this random urinary tract infection they claim I have.

So I called my doctor on Monday morning and told her and they just said “Keep an eye on it…” WTF does that mean!!! Wait til I see more blood and my baby is in danger?? My last pregnancy ended in your worst nightmare when I had a lot of bleeding due to an abruption during labor at nearly 41 weeks and the baby died :-( . So I’m considered high risk and don’t understand why the high risk doctor wouldn’t be more concerned that the same thing could be happening again.

So what would you do? Just hope for the best? These are the 5th people I’ve seen for this pregnancy because I don’t feel like anyone cares or is giving me the attention I require. I just don’t know what to do at this point. I mean, at least get me in and lie to me like your checking something even if you’re not…

Comments

• I would keep ringing up until they see you if you are worried hope everythings ok
  • I feel like we are in the same boat. Bleeding while pregnant is never OK. Especially if you have had previous abruptions. I would demand to be seen and ask him what the plan is to monitor this pregnancy for sign of abruption. I have had so many doctors because they wont listen to me. If you feel he wont listen I would go to the er for an ultrasound and ask the nurses there for a referral to a better perinatoogist
    Good luck Hun take it easy. Keep is updated!
  • They sound like they checked all the obvious things. I had an irritated cervix for the wholefirst 20 weeks of this pregnancy and I often had bleeding after a bowel movement. Can you request an ultrasound because of your previous history?
  • Thanks y'all. This is all good advice. When I asked them if they could look closer because of my previous history, they said that since I had a US 3 days before the bleeding and everything was fine, nothing could have happened in that time. That's BS though cause everything was supposedly fine with me and my little girl last year just the day before I went into labor and look what happened. I'm gonna call again, but to the other high risk doc I'd been seeing up until that day to see if she says anything different.
  • Yeah I would keep calling & bugging until they will see me.lol. or tell them that you spotted again ;) (even though you haven't) just to see if they will see you. If not, then maybe you should search for a new doctor. I know my doctor has rushed me in everytime I said I had spotting. Good luck girl, try to relax, I'm sure everything will be okay ;)
  • *and I'm not even high risk
  • I just called the old people and they told me the EXACT same thing...basically tell us if you bleed more and if you notice decrease in movement. Why do they wait until something is wrong instead of checking beforehand. So stupid to me. Sigh... Yeah I shoulda lied and told em I was still bleeding.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I understand why you would be scared given your previous history, and it's always a good idea to get a second opinion. Your baby is lucky to have such a protective mama! Just remember it's common that straining or pressure can sometimes cause a burst blood vessel and associated temporary bleeding. That might be why the docs seem unconcerned. My hubby bumped my cervix during intercourse at 3 months and caused some bleeding that really scared us both. But I'd had none before and after resting that day, it went away and never came back. The blood vessels become swollen and clustered together during pregnancy. Seven months now and baby is still perfect despite my constant worrying as a new mommy... ;-)
  • I understand why you would be scared given your previous history, and it's always a good idea to get a second opinion. Your baby is lucky to have such a protective mama! Just remember it's common that straining or pressure can sometimes cause a burst blood vessel and associated temporary bleeding. That might be why the docs seem unconcerned. My hubby bumped my cervix during intercourse at 3 months and caused some bleeding that really scared us both. But I'd had none before and after resting that day, it went away and never came back. The blood vessels down there become swollen and clustered together during pregnancy. Seven months now and baby is still perfect despite my constant worrying as a new mommy... ;-)
  • well what's the point in labeling you high risk if they aren't going to treat you this way? I understand your frustrations! I would def demand to see the doctor and for them to at least give you scenarios of why you were bleeding just to ease your mind.
    i am high risk as well, for numerous reasons. 2 wks ago i started bleeding VERY lightly at the store. I went home, relaxed and took it easy. it didn't show again. then a few days ago i went potty in the middle of the night and wiped nothing but blood. again, it never showed again. so i do see my doc on monday and will notify them. i would be on their backs making sure they at least pay attention.
  • @ Mommy2IsaiahNGiselle. I had an acute abruption last time, which means my placenta started tearing away from my uterus while the baby was still inside. With acute abruptions, the baby can only survive for like 15 minutes because they are deprived of oxygen. There is also a such thing as a concealed abruption which can mean there is a separation that doesn't appear visible because there may be no bleeding and takes more time to do damage. Since abruption is something that has a higher chance of recurring once it happens, I am concerned that I may be experiencing the beginnings of another one, maybe concealed for now. For all I know, it was concealed last time until it became acute. Once your baby dies before she's born, anything can cause concern. I hadn't had sex since Sunday so doubt it was due to that. It's not that I *want* to lie, but I feel like no one cares enough to give me any reassurance.
  • If YOU feel something could be wrong, I would insist on being seen. Doctors have tons of patients & don't know you or your body & baby as well as you do. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Tell them after your last pregnancy you really need the reassurance that everything is okay because you're stressed out & losing sleep over it. Get tough. This is YOUR baby... do what feels right to you... and good luck <3
  • Thanks. Yeah I agree with you all that tell me to keep trying. Do you know my last OB (the 4th doctor I tried) called me hostile at my visit? Sigh...if I can't even get a straight answer to questions, I just don't know how to force em to listen to me.
  • Are these obs or perinatlogists?
  • @ ll10 My newest doctor that I called on Monday serves as both my OB & perinatologist. The doc I called this morning was my old perinatologist. The doc that called me hostile was a regular OB.