Daycare?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I was just wondering if any of you guys are putting your child in daycare or have put your child in daycare so you can return to work. We have 24hr daycare here, but you can only leave your child for 12 hours. I'm kind of iffy about putting my son in daycare, but I really have no other option. I applied for CCMS to see if they could help and I have yet to hear back from them. I'm just nervous about the thought.

Comments

• I am trying to stay a stay at home mom for now. I want to open my own business so I hope I never have to put Adrian in one.
  • No I dont have much trust in strangers watching my son, plus cant afford it.
  • I have to because I have nobody to watch my son. Although I may ask my aunt to watch him and when I get on CCMS she will get paid for it. It's just until I get off work.
  • As long as it is someone you trust. Just don;t leave it with anybody, I get so scared lol.
  • @KrazymomofAdrian I do too, that's why I'm so iffy about daycare. I'm just afraid I'll have no other option. :(
  • My son is 2 1/2 months old and no one besides my fiance has watched him. My mom did for a short time when I had my gallbladder removed. Im too nervous still :( its me and him all day till df gets home from work.
  • @maymommy11 I wish I could stay home and watch my son, but I gotta work and I HAVE to finish school! Good thing school is every other night though cause I'd be going crazy.
  • I'm sorry you have no other option. If I had to work, id be in your shoes too. Although I have No family to watch them. Id pay more money in daycare for my 3 kids then id ever make at a reg job.......id have to have some awesome deg to make enough for 3 kids in daycare :/
  • Oh what I was gonna say tho is, is try to find a "home based" daycare. Where they only have a small amount of kids
  • edited July 2011
    my son was in daycare when he turned 6 wks. a 24 hr daycare as well.that's the only daycare he has been to and he will be 3 in oct. if I have to return to work real fast again new baby will be there at 6 wks too. its a 30 min drive but idk have to do what u have to do ... don't trust many people
  • I have seen way too many news about kids getting killed/raped/abused on day cares, I rather watch my kids my self :( , even though sometimes i would love to work again
  • Hi! I have a home daycare and am a mommy of 3 ages 12,9, & 7. #4 will be here late Oct. I have never put my kiddos in daycare. My hubby and I did opposite shifts till we decided I woul d stay home and open my daycare. Not everyone has the choice to be a sahm...so herd are some pointers when looking for dc.
    Always check references, background check, and licensing. Even if its a center visit it several times to see the day to day operation. A couple of those make unannounced so they arent prepared...just be courteous of meal and naptimes. Look at the home,center, and the children in care there. If they are dirty that is not a good sign. Messy is understandable...they are kids and dont stay or keep play areas spotless. Know your states laws on childcare...how many kids per caregiver, meal and naptime policies, sickness and discipline policies. Do your research and trust your mommy instincts. And remember like most things you will get what you pay for...if the rates are crazy low there is a reason.
    I would also like to say a caregiver is w yojr child for many hours per day. Treat them w the respect they deserve. Build a great relationship w them. My daycare families become a part of our extended family. I treat their children the same as I treat mine. I love and nurture eac
  • Each child and most stay w us until they go off to school. I hope this helps a bit:)
  • @blessed1508 Ur in my city right? Dallas? What daycare do you use?
  • @mama_underpants Thanks!!! :)
    @mommyo3soon2b4 Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely use them when looking for a daycare.
  • My husband and I worked opposite shifts for forever, because we couldn't afford daycare, but make too much money to qualify for help with the payments. My daughter is 5 now and a lot of the kids I know who were in daycare are already reading and writing and more socialized than her, so daycare has it's positives too!
  • @laura536 That's so true. I just want him to be older when he goes to daycare, but I don't have that luxury right now. I'm ok with playing the cards I was dealt, but I'm a little bummed about it.
  • I am putting my baby in daycare when time comes as well... I am in school as well I am just nervous about a actual center or a home daycare I can't decide...
  • Im in the same boat, but the crazy thing is that I work at a daycare so she would b there with me but I just dont want her In daycare when she's born. Im considering quitting and finding a better paying job but I would still have to put her daycare.. I wana cry when I think about it because I just cant trust everyone. I know how the parents feel now when they drop their babies off.
  • @Mybabe We're in the same boat!
  • @Mylittleluv_11 I feel the exact same way. It hurts my heart to even think about trusting somebody to watch my little man, but that's just how it is right now. I HAVE to finish school and I also HAVE to work.
  • Ya I quit my job before I had him bc all my chwcks would go to his day care so I stay at home with him. I hope you get the CCMS soon.
  • @maymommy11 Thanks hun! I hope so too cause that $142 a week could go towards diapers and clothes. lol
  • Yea I have to work too I got bills to pay!! if I do get a new job im gona be so worried @BeautifulOne
  • @mylittleluv_11 Exactly! I wish I could be a stay at home mom. It's ok though cause it will all be worth it in the end.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hell no, after seeing/hearing about daycares messing up. Babies dying,being left, hell no. Not at all.
  • Yes diapers and clothes are costly. My son is already in 3 - 6 months clothes
  • Don't go to a center! A licensed family daycare is the best!!! Usually their only aloud 8 kids unlike a center.
  • @maymommy11 Really? It doesn't take long huh? I need to buy some 3-6 month clothes.