bf/hubby/bd popping into the baby shower??

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
So my coworker told me today that its tradition for the father of the baby to pop into the baby shower at some point to say hi and bring the mother flowers. I've never heard of this, and I highly doubt my bf has either. He already made it clear he has no interest in hanging out with 30 women lol and I am totally ok with that. So has anyone else heard of this?? I feel like if I tell him and he shows up it will be so fake and just for show and I hate that. So I don't think I'm even gonna say anything.

Comments

• I've never heard of it. I would never ask my hubby to "suffer" through that! He would be miserable because someone would probably corner him and the "pop in" would last longer than planned.
  • I have never heard of it and i definitely know my husband is not interested in "popping in" or chilling out with us. lol. but he is def. on my "on call" status if i need my kids to leave (5 and 6) and they are misbehaving a lot.
  • Never heard of it, but maybe because in my family or maybe even culture we do co-ed babyshowers.
  • my hubby is gona b at my shower n so r his friends but im having a co ed :)
  • Ive always had Co ed so I'm not sure
  • My hubby is excited to play the games lol
  • I've never heard of it either. My husband didn't show til the end, and that was just to load up the car, lol!!

On a side note, I think it's time for bed, because I totally read the title of this thread as your boyfriend was pooping in the shower, lol!
  • well idk about all that. but in our traditions. the father is, involved. me n my sisters n my mom r throwin my gf a surprise baby shower n im definitely gonna b there. the way we look at it is the baby shower is for the baby. n the baby has a mom n a ddad they should both b there. I would want later on in the future my lil watchin the video of the baby shower n ask dad y weren't u there
  • as @azmom said coed its how it always has been for us. lol. Idk it might b a latino thing
  • I am having a co-ed bsby shower too. That way all our friends and family can be there at once. I mean it is his baby too... He should have some fun too :)
  • I heard it's polite for the daddy to appear at the end. This flowers biz is new to me and apparently it's the same for bridal showers. My hb just came at the end of my bridal shower to say hello and help load up the gifts!
  • Mine came in said hi and helped me open the last few gifts and say our thanks to everyone!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mshahir I'm glad I'm not the only one too, lol!
  • We have coed baby shower w/ a dinner for the people who are planning the event. We like to make it a celebration w/ friends & family.
  • Mine will be coed but Kelly is more than welcome to bring me flowers! :ar!
  • @Laura536 @mshahir lmfao!!!!

@everyone thank you for all the input!! I think I'm gonna stick with the plan of him staying home unless I need something lol the park where I'm having my shower is a 1 min drive from our house anyway :)
  • My fiance will be checking into my baby shower as ill be having his daughter for it an otherwise he won't really get to see her that much for the day!
  • I want my hubby right next to me at my babyshower and funny thing is he wants to be there bad to!! Hes so excited for our little boy its so cute!!
  • Really its like something the men in my family do they have to be at the baby shower or its disrespect
  • I had co ed....he had welll we had fun....enjoying our babies gifts togethor....o we popped n togethor tu
  • I never heard that either.... my fiance was at my shower though along with one of my other guy friends it went really well n I loved having him there to help he video taped the whole thing for me
  • @laura536 lmao! You are not going crazy, well maybe we both r going crazy cuz I read the same thing. I was like "Oh I gotta read this..." Lol