Possibility of me deploying...

edited July 2011 in Military moms
Okay so its set in stone that we will deploy next month around march. My delivery date is on the 24th dec. The possibilities on me having to go to that deployment are rather high now. Whos going thru this right now? I dot mind if i deploy, its what i signed up for and the baby was not planned nor expected in case something like this happened. Im married so i have a family care plan per say. My buhbuh will be about 2 months or less born....

Comments

• They let you deploy pregnant??? Wow
  • Huh? That seems odd. :/
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @oregonmama that's what I thought
  • @JasminGN Are you planning to breastfeed? I'm not really sure they can deploy you so soon after having a baby, but I could be wrong. There is always the possibility that the baby will be late for one and I don't think you could be physically fit to fight per say in such a short amount of time. I would bring it up with whomever you report to.
  • I know for Air Force baby must be 4 months before ur eligible to deploy. Check ur services guidelines.
  • Lol yes im due this yr And im set for march deployment. Sorry for the confusion, long shifts XD and physically fit wont be hard seeing that im still Army Physically fit while almost being 5mnths preggo lol. And i am planning on breastfeeding, but if i have no option im going. And its 6wks of recovery what they give you. It can change depending on the labor. But im not gonna stop it if i do deploy. Lol whats funny is that my hubby said if i deploy to leave him with a buhbuh so he can have something to do an not worry much
  • For the army u get six weeks off after having the baby. Going through the same thing, but no deployment during the pregnancy. Ask your unit too.... and look at ur pregnancy profile.... what branch?
  • Won't you be on a waiver for an extended period of time I am pretty sure there was one when I was in the air force. Not sure how long but more than two months.
  • edited July 2011
    Ok, I looked and found some that say four months and some that say six months after giving birth you can deploy. I found this link and it says four months after the birth is when you can deploy. Its under the assignments category. Its on a military website, so I do value what it says. Hope it helps

Http://www.dtic.mil/dacowits/agendadoc/ppts/Army_Pregnancy
  • And I don't think the link works. My damn phone is acting up. If it doesn't work do a google search for dtic army pregnancy powerpoint.
    Sorry fpr all the posts.
  • I didn't think you were eligible to deploy that quick. I think you can go back after 6 weeks but non-deployable. We aren't army so it might be different.
  • For the Navy/Marine Corps you get 6 weeks of convalescent leave, and then 6 months after that in a "non-deployable" status. That being said, you are free to waive that non-deployable status and deploy within that 6 mos if you want to. I myself am a pregnant Marine (due Aug 31st!) and and thinking about waiving my 6 months to go to Afghan. Just know your rights, you don't HAVE to go on that March deployment! I just saw that you are Army, but I think the order is the same across the DOD.
  • What branch are u in i was scheduled to deploy in june im due in october they can not deploy you because of the weight limit A and B you cant fly after 28 weeks trust me i know though im Navy then they still cant deploy u till at least 6 months after the babys born. You are not allowed to go over seas while preggos its not with in the military contract im speaking of all branch im Navy husbands a Marine grandpa is Army unlce is Airforce and Dad is seal just unsure about coast guard but im just saying
  • They can't deploy you for 6 months after you give birth I'm pretty sure of that. It's one of the questions they ask during medical srp and its a show stopper to be a parent of a newborn less than 6 months. So they can send you later to catch up with your unit or just keep you as rear d
  • Yea, most were 4months but recently it changed to 6months postpartum but with the commander discrection, i can go if i really want. Thanks you guys :)
  • From what the Air force tells us is that we can't deploy until 4 months after we have our baby. Idk about your situation though