tmi

edited July 2011 in Health
I have been constipated for 5 days now and im sick of it. Anyone know anything i can take for it that works

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MOMMY2ISAIAHNGISELLE i drink over a gallon of water every day. I will def have to try activia thank u
  • Some stool softeners are ok to take. I'm not sure which ones. Maybe you can ask your doctor. A nice bath to relax your body.
  • Mangoes, kiwis, plums. Plums are in season now and I soooooooo wish they were when I was in my first trimester, because now I just go in our back yard and eat them right off the tree. That and water works wonders
  • @jcmommy yeah i might have to call my doc tomorrow
  • Cranberry juice n Dang it I can't remember the name of the stool softener my doc told me to get but it works great!
  • @ashes in my first trimester i was big on bananas now im almost 36 weeks im obsessed with green grapes but now u made me want kiwi lol
  • @mommakk88 lol i had a list of everything i could take for whatever issue but of course when i need it i can remember where i put it
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle lol good thing i hate cranberry juice yucky and i haven't eaten bananas in over a month now. I wish i could stop taking my iron pills cause then i wouldnt be having this prob
  • @cyncyn84 lol I'm the same way...
  • I mix benefiber in my tea, but it can be mixed into almost anything.
  • Prune juice!!! \m/
  • Fiber One bars.
  • Grapefruit. And grapefruit juice. They will clean you out real good. I absolutely LOVE red grapefruit, but if I eat it, nothing comes out with any solidity. I would imagine it would work wonders for constipation.
  • @mommy2isaiahngiselle I use activia to firm everything up... So I guess it works both ways?
  • It depends on the fiber. Insoluable fiber (fruit skins and prunes and stuff) doesn't digest so it pushes things out, so to say.
    Soluable fiber (like grains) breaks down but clumps up, toughens things up making solid stuff, but needs lots of water to work right.
    you need both everyday... but if you're constipated then insoluble fiber is good because it doesn't digest and pushes things out lol. I like plums and mangoes for this reason...
    But the other type of fiber will make the poops hard and easy to pass vs runny and gross o_O sorry for tmi
  • I find a hot cup of tea when I'm sat on the toilet feeling like I need to go helps me
  • This is going to sound weird but I eat mcdonalds brfeakfast. It works for me when nothing else does. I never eat it otherwise.
  • I have the same issue and have tried every natural thing under the sun....i would reccomend trying the fruits, yogurts and waters first. But when nothing worked for me I asked my dr and he said benefiber is great...as close to all natural as possible, and safe for daily use. And also on my ok list is senokat...its made with fruits and veggies. Its a stool softener.