Preterm labor

edited July 2011 in November 2011
Has anyone else had signs of preterm labor? Or had the fetal fibronectin test? Wat wer ur results & wat did ur doc suggest??? ,how do u feel??

Comments

• Mines came back negative so my Dr didn't worry much.
  • What is that test and what do they do?
  • I went into preterm but fetal fibronectin came back negative. If it woulda been positive i woulda been on strict bedrest until 35 weeks. I am due 11.3. And the test is a swab they take from inside your va jay jay and it tells them if your in labor or at risk for going into labor within the next few days. How ever u can have positve results and not go into labor and vice versa.
  • Mines was positive but that was 3 weeks ago
  • i had my ffn test done today in the hospital and it came back positive so im in the hospital until possibly monday being monitored and then go back on for more strict bedrest. ive been on bedrest pretty much my entire pregnancy it sux.
  • edited July 2011
    I've had one negative and one positive ffn. Been having pre-term contractions since 28 weeks. It's exhausting going to L&D every few days just in case whenever, I start having the contractions. Had elevated BP as well so was on bedrest and pelvic rest but BP is back at 120/90 or so. Off bedrest and pelvic rest for now.
  • @ jazzi that six!!!! I went thru it 3 weeks ago at 24 weeks...uuugh but I had my daughter at 35 6 days but my baby weighed 7.3 all in all it's a blessing lemme know how things work out
  • II hope the best for u too Hun!!! Sometimes pregnancy is a struggle but blessing at the same time
  • I had a preterm labor scare this week at 27+2. My Ffn was negative, but was having contractions that picked up on the monitor. All ny other tests were normal...no infections, no dehydration. So, they think I'm just doing to much from a stress and activity stand point. Now, I'm on modified bedrest until my c section on 10/25. Keep us posted!
  • I was having contractions to & I know I'm going to have a preterm labor even before the ffn I had a preterm wit my daughter as long as the babies healthy!!!! Wat r u having & wen u due