sugar test????

edited July 2011 in November 2011
Getting ready to go in for my sugar test in a couple weeks anybody have any advice so it goes well??

Comments

• Are you having it in the morning? They say don't eat anything after midnight that way it gives a good reading. If you are doing it in the afternoon I think you fast for 12 hrs.
  • I have mine at next appt...dr just said to watch carbs a couple hours before. If its just the one hr I dont think you have to fast.
  • I didn't have to fast and I ate icecream the night before( by accident,I had forgot my test was the next day) I still passed really well. Don't eat an hour before you go in.
  • Toy should still eat. Just don't eat sugar before. I didn't pass mine and all I had was and egg sandwich and water.
  • edited July 2011
    I had to fast after midnight which a lot of people complain about but I was in bed anyways! If you don't fast though just watch your sugar and carb intake the night before... Your body converts carbs to sugar! And bring a snack to eat after the test!

@Island_Mommie2b The drink isn't bad at allll! I had orange and it was chilled... Just tasted like flat orange soda. Andd you only have to drink 10 oz in 5mins!

Goodluckk to those of you who haven't taken it :)
  • @Island_Mommie2B the drink I had was like a fruit punch. It was really good. Don't let stories on here scare you. I didn't throw up,I didn't feel dizzy,I didn't feel jittery. I felt great and normal. I don't think you should starve yourself. Like I said I didn't have to and I accidentally ate icecream and still passed very good. But if you want to be sure you pass just don't eat or drink anything sugary the night before or the day of. Really, don't starve.
  • yeah it sucks.. i have mine next week.. i hate fasting.. oh yeah make your apt as early as possible.. cause you have to fast.. for eight hours before hand..
  • @lae3 I really wouldn't fast.lol that's torture. I would have to eat something. I couldn't do it.Lmao! Good luck with fasting girl.
  • I hated that test Lol i hate sweet things to begin with so drinking that crap wash the worst for me for me it was like a flat soda with like 3 cups of extra sugar mix with it

I passed and my doctor told me not to eat before the test and if i did to eat an egg or a piece of toast
  • I did mine today....loved the drink...I had eggs that morning...basically just don't eat anything or drink anything with high sugar...its very easy and fast! I was worried the drink was gonna make me sick and that I would have a bad sugar rush but it was a breeze! Good luck and congrats
  • I didn't fast and I passed mine. Mine was room temp and tasted like ultra flat sprite and burnt my tongue a bit...course might have burnt caused she said I had to drink it all really quickly...i downed that mess mess n like 15secs.
  • Ok cool.lol @Island_Mommie2B don't want you to be suffering.
  • I am going Saturday for mine. I hope I get to choose what favor!
  • I ate a candy bar before last time still passed though
  • My doctor said eat normally and when i drink their juice to not eat in between.. i had my drs apps at 9am so i just didnt eat breakfast which is normal.. i past.. my mom and grandma are diabetic so i was scared
  • It is fasting, if ur doctor didn't give u the glucose drink already (mine does at the office) when u go in the morning for test they will have u drink a drink with a certain amount of sugar in it, thenwill draw blood within that hour. Its a ver important test
  • My doctor told me not to eat anything after 10pm....=/ all I can drink is water...I know that's gona be hard bc I'm always hungry lol. I guess I'll jst stuff myself...glad my appt is @ 8:30 on aug 15
  • Mine is aug 10th. I can't eat 2hrs before. I really hope I don't pass out. I have a fear of needles. I always get really woosey while they are drawing blood. What flavor drink did y'all get I got orange yuck. I hate orange drinks. Its sitting in my fridge label do not drink lol.
  • I have my appointment next week ill be 26 weeks. It's at 6 pm Dr said just not to eat anything 2 hours before test.
  • So...how did everyone make out on their tests? I failed by 8 points so when I went for the 3 hour the lab tech was confused as to why the doc sent me for 8 points. Guess she is just being careful...can't blame her.
  • I had the lemon lime too I asked if she had the orange and she said that was a different dosage that's why they give the lemon lime.
  • I'm doing mine next week and I was told that I could eat eggs and toast, just nothing with sugar. I sure hope I pass mine!!
  • I had mines last week , and it was the fruit punch oone . it was very good . lol but my doct told me only to fast for 2 hours.
  • I had my 1hr. on Thursday and hope to find out the results on Monday at my next appointment. REALLY HOPING I don't have the 3hr. one bc I just got off vacation and don't want to have to ask to leave work for 3 hrs. I don't think my boss will mind too much. But I still hate asking. I ate a cookie and an apple slice an hour before the test bc I was about to passout. Here's hoping. My mom had GD with me and diabietes runs on both sides. I figure if I have it, I'll make the best of it and it will force me to eat better, and start eating healthy. Sigh. Good luck to all!
  • I couldn't stomach the drink, I kept puking. So I had to fast for 12 hours and get my blood drawn. So not fun!
  • Update: I passed my one hour. Woot. Good luck ladies still waiting!
  • I have mine in two weeks and my dr just said to eat lunch two hours before my test. And then nothing in between lunch and the test.
  • edited August 2011
    I failed my 1 hour now for the first time in 4 kids I have to do the 3 hour! :-((( on a diet the next few days
  • Ipassed my 3 hour..:)
  • I took my 1hr yesterday and forgot I had to take it and ate ice cream and drank sprite thee night prior so I failed my 1 hr... I took my 3 hr today SUCKED!! Made me sick.. the best advice I can give you is est healthy you don't have to fast or go on a strict diet days before my doc told me the day of my test eat a healthy meal like you normally do... so I ate rasin brand... today for my 3 hr you dnt have to fast all day you just cant have anything after midnight but you can drink all thee water you want... im not sure if I passed yet but I ate pretty good all day yesterday laid of the sugar so we shall see.. GOOD LUCK!!!!