A stolen life by Jaycee Dugard

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
Finished the book last night. Who else read it?

Comments

• I am listening to the audiobook of it right now. I'm almost finished with it.
  • Whats it about?
  • edited July 2011
    A girl who was kidnapped at age eleven and held captive for eighteen years.
  • Is it good? I need a new book..
  • is it good? i am considering getting it
  • I hope she makes a ton of money on that book. She had her entire life and innocence taken away from her by that sick man and his wife. Was It good?
  • she already have received 20 million from state of california. she also have brand new car and a farmhouse in the country but still money is not worth loosing 18 years of your life.

the great thing about book is People should speak out about suspicious stuff they witness instead of just not getting involved.

i think it will break my heart to read that book, especially right now that i am hormonal , it will make me depressed:(
  • I want it!!!
  • It was very interesting but yes very sad in the beginning of the book cause of all the details.
  • Now im curious, havent heard of that case.. Im to behind!! Im buying the book.
  • I'm ashamed to say that something so evil happened in my city. Scary to think that there are people like that here.
  • :( happens everywhere hun...
  • yea i live in central ohio and a few streets down from where we lived (this was when i was in jr high and obviously living with my rents) there was a 3 yr old who went missing. the little girl was in the fenced back yard, mom went in to get a drink of water and she turned around and she was gone. about 1 1/2 wks later the little girl was found 2 houses down in a pervert's attic. she was raped several times and she was laying in her urine and strapped to a bed. saddest thing ever!!!
  • @survivormommie3 Omg no way! That's horrible :( was she found alive?
  • I read this post this am, downloaded it on my kindle and just finished reading it about an hour ago or so.
    So sad, yet incredibly compelling. I admire the courage it took to confront those memories, put them on paper, and let the world see them.
    Thank you for sharing a sad, yet amazing book with me.

Ps, it makes me almost want to never ever let my daughter out of my sight, and she's only a month. It was a great read but too many of those books will turn me into the worlds clingiest mom!!!
  • Your welcome and I'm glad you read it. I couldnt put it down when i was reading it. She has so much courage to tell her story, you should watch the interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC. She's such a beautiful young woman. I have a daughter also and it does make me even more over protected than I already am.