im an awful person...

edited July 2011 in Depression
From wat the doctor says my baby is perfectly healthy and growing right...THANK GOD! So since I know baby is healthy what do I do... I spend all my time freaking out about my weight. Is it all gonna come off? Will my thighs ever go back to prepreg size? Will I ever feel confident again? I spend time everyday worrying about my body I feel sooo selfish! I know its my past eating dissorder making me feel like this when I should be enjoying my pregnancy and the wonders my body can achieve.. I wish I could I try to but I can't unless baby girl is moving... I feel so nervous depressed and sad... I hate this I hate my brain making me feel this way... im so excited about her getting here... why can't I enjoy my pregnancy without these thoughts bringing me down?! They have always brught me down even before I got pregnant even tho I was a size zero...now im in fives Cuz of my legs and im so depressed... am I gonna be an awful mom?...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No your going to be a terrific mother! your human, were woman we want to look sexy and our best. I'm grateful Jaden's healthy and here but my belly is in a sorry state right now lol.. It just takes time to get back our pre preggo bodies. Shit i'd luv to b a size 5 lol ((hugs))
  • Nope. You said you don't think these things when she moves. Have you tried picking up new hobbies something to occupy your mind so you don't just worry bout what you can't change? And tell your doc so he knows to monitor you for postparnum
  • @angieahrens thanks for the support and suggestions ill try them for sure.. I hope they help @Jamie77 thank u for that... and yeah I do wanna look my best. I never thought my thighs and butt would get soo big when I got preggo but sure enough... I wish my pregnancy would have been planned cuz maybe I would have been prepared for this but im not... I don't even wanna leave the house because I feel so bad...and of course all 4 of my preggo friends have adorable bumps and their legs stayed the exact same..
  • @beaded_bunny thank u...and yeah I read I play with my dog minimal working out write...no help... I keep wanting to tell my dr but I don't want her to freak on me (she's insanely strict) and I think if I told her she would give me the nicer version of deal with it and when baby is out be safe which I already know
  • It's ok I'm awful too!!! Does that make u feel better?? I do the same thing...its sad getting fat..... :'(
  • I never had an eating disorder so idk how difficult your struggling with this issue. Your weight will fall off, I'm down 19lbs in 2weeks. Just need toning. You look great btw! Don't compare urself with ur friends.
  • @nicoleok87 it is sad...if I had a cute bump id love it but at 26+6 I just look like I ate at an all day buffet and my thighs and butt which I've always hated are huge...I miss my body.. I hate to know ur so sad too but at the same time its a little comfort because everyone usually says deal tells me im vain or acts like I wont love my daughter..
  • @Jamie77 its so hard because I was hospitalized 6 yrs ago for anorexia I was only 12.. now im 18 and I still deal with it everyday. I was on anti depressants before I got preg and was in counseling for a long time. Thank u for being understanding... and thanks for the compliment... congrats on ur baby!
  • Its normal to worry if u will be back to your size I was also a size 0 to 1 with my first. I did fit back into a 1 after. Sometimes a 3 but I loved my hips and butt I Gaines from my first. Lol. U will be hun.
  • @pinkbaby0930 thanks for the support! I hope so I hate worrying about it all
  • I feel the same way. I worry too, even though I am so thankful I have a healthy, active baby in there. I'm sure we all worry to an extent.
  • Anyone that tells u u shouldn't feel the way u do is inconsiderate! It doesn't mean we won't be good moms or live our children one has nothing to do with the other. Yeah I wish I had a cute bump too but I'm just a fatty now...I hate it. It pissed me off when ppl r like oh ur fine blah blah blah.....
  • @shanIam im thankful too yeah I guess we all probably do. @nicoleok87 I agree its inconsiderate I love my baby I can't wait to see her and ya my fiance always says ur fine stop being dumb then I freak out. If i felt fine I wouldn't be upset now would I? Im sorry its so hard on u too
  • @richjen24
    I responded doll :)

• Lol not to be a brat but I would love to be a size five not that I'm that much bigger but still and I have never been prego ;)
  • Im only 5'1" so a size five looks retarded on me but lol thanks
  • Aww Hun! Don't let people make you feel bad! I am the same way!! I had an eating disorder too (a long time ago) it doesn't bother me too much anymore but before I got preggo I was obsessed with working out n I haven't been able to work out to the extent that I'd like to and its been really bothering me lately!!! My things are so jiggily its disgusting...I feel nasty! I'm 24w5d and have only gained 10lbs. I understand what your going through...just keep reminding yourself that its all for our precious lil babies...that always makes me feel a lil better :) all the weight will come off after you have your baby I'm sure of it! Good luck Hun! Try not to stress n if u need someone to talk to I'm always here :D
  • @brttnywstn14 I worked out maybe 4x a week and did a lot of heavy lifting and walking at work and I always was a very strict healthy eater...now I feel like a lazy emotional whale. I did not picture feeling so awful about myself. Im sorry its so hard on u too :( im 1 day away from 27 weeks I've gained 13.im doing my best with trying to ignore feeling this way... thank u for posting im here for u too :)
  • Yea I was a cheerleader in college so we worked out 3X a week n practiced 5X a week plus I'd work out extra on my own a couple times a week...so its been very hard...I want to go to the gym n go run a couple miles but I know I can't :/ I walk 2 miles 3-5 nights a week...but 13lbs at 27 weeks is really good! Are you gonna breastfeed? I heard that it helps you lose the baby fat really quickly :)
  • Wow I feel like I wrote this post! Im the same way. My legs butt and boobs all gained way before the bump came! Its sad, I feel disgusting and terrible that I consume myself with "how will I lose this weight?" Im 8 weeks from my due date and I don't want to gain anymore! I had gained about 8lbs pre pregnancy due to a surgery I had 6 weeks before I became pregnant. I've never felt so low on confidence. We should keep in touch to motivate each other after babies are born. Oh yea, I also suffered an eating disorder years ago. It scares me that I could fall back into that right when everything in my life is finally coming together! Good luck hun!
  • Yeah im gonna try to breastfeed for atleast 6 months I hear its way better for baby. Not working out sucks :(
  • @brianewmom Yea same here :) we actually are only 2 weeks apart so if u want we should keep in contact! If u have a Facebook u can add me brttnywstn14@yahoo.com :) or u can text me 7609105220
  • @lilpeapod913 yes let's keep in touch for sure! Im sorry its been so hard on u too!! Its such an emotional and stressful time anyway then throw this in the mix? Major downer! Im scared to fall into my eating dissorder again too I don't want to but at the same time I already think about how im gonna schedule working out and when I can diet which scares me :( I've still got 3 months left. I don't think I've ever been so low and down on myself either cuz I've never been this big before... good luck to u too and thanks for the understanding it means a lot!
  • @brttnywstn14 awesome thank u :) ill get in touch. Its cool were only 2 weeks apart is urs a boy or girl?
  • Where are you from and when is your due date? Im from Michigan and due 9/13 :)
  • Im due october 17 and im from Wyoming. Ur baby is due 3 days after my 19 birthday :) are u having a boy or girl? Wouldn't that be crazy if u had him/ her on my birthday? Then u could tell him/ her they were born on the crazy lady from ur apps birthday... im due the day before my soon to be mils birthday I hope she comes early lol
  • @brianewmom I'm having a girl :) what about you?