did anyone crave spicy foods in early pregnancy :/

edited July 2011 in First Trimester
Everyone i know tells me its bad to eat anything hot. The problem is...thats all i want. My fiance says that its gna make our baby have red sensitive rashy skin when it comes out. Im 7 weeks. Will i harm my baby by eating spicy foods? Im currently into mexicana pickles . And its so hot it makes my mouth burn a bit after 2 spears. Im addicted. So whats gna happen to my baby? Help pls. Google tells me different things..

Comments

• no. may get heartburn…but you're fine
  • Only thing I could keep down first trimester was hot and spicy chicken ramen lol. Spicy hurtingbaby is just a old wifes tale
  • edited July 2011
    I did and still do its not bad for baby what causes the red skin is your hormones.
  • edited July 2011
    Yep! I still eat spicy foods too &nd I'm 34weeks now. Doc. told me to eat whatever foods I crave ; Just be on a look out for heartburn like @mommyforever said.
  • Is it really? I crave spicy foods... I beem craving since I got preg n I'm in my second trimester now. I think its fine....
  • In my second trimester I craved hot buffalo sauce I literally ate it with everything.. I never heard of it being bad for baby.. I ate a whole bottle every two weeks
  • I've eaten spicy Mexican food with all three of my kids. It hasn't hurt anything other than giving me heart burn on occasion. If anything my two boys love spicy food too, so thats a plus in my book.
  • I eat spicy food all the time. Love it!
  • I can't really eat spicy food (my bladder can't hold up to the acidity of certain foods) but, Mexican food has been my craving for sure. I don't even normally like it. But if I get my fix with chips and super spicy salsa, then so be it! It is totally okay. Someone told me they thought it was bad to eat spicy food, but I never read that anywhere in the many lists of foods you can't eat. Im sure it is perfectly fine, just like what everyone else says.

Just stock up on the Tums (instead of taking two, I've been taking four. Taking two doesn't work! Milk or ice cream also helps)... And eat up!
  • I craved Franks Red Hot Sauce...straight! I would just drink it from the bottle. I did the same thing with my daughter...she's is fine and has the most beautiful olive skin :) no rash...ever. There is a wives tale that spicy food will induce labor, but it didn't happen to me. Eat those pickles! :)
  • Yes! I craved hott peppers on everything during the first few months and everyone said about getting heartburn and stuff but I never did until I was 7 months .....
  • I crave spicy foods too, no harm caused :)
  • I'm 22 weeks today and always crave spicy food and my baby is super healthy.. :)
  • I had to have a spicy chicken sandwich everyday when I first found out.
  • Glad im not the only one because that's all I crave also...hubby said baby is gonna come out red. Lol
  • I crave spicy food which is weird because normally I don't like anything above medium spicyness. I'm in my third trimester now and I've been eating spicy food the entire time! I even gobbled down a burrito with hot habanero sauce at a Mexican restaurant near my place. The owner was going :O
  • I haven't stopped eating it I Love spicy food too much;) all my doctor said was to drink plenty of water if I was...
  • It's not bad at all. It's good for your immune system. I haven't had heartburn whatsoever. I craved spicy things so much. I ate just about everything with tons of hot sauce on it.
  • I'm so jealous...I could hardly eat crackers at 7 weeks, lol!
  • I did! I craved hot cheetoes and I eat hot sauce on everything..I'm 24 weeks and my baby is healthy as can be!!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I used to hate anything spicy before I got prego now its my #1 craving! I'm now 41 wks and still love it. No heartburn either. I blame it on BD cuz he is half mexican lol.The only thing I think it does to baby is get them excited! Whenever I eat spicy stuff my lil man goes crazy! Same with chocolate and caffeine...good stimulants ;)