coughing too much dangerous?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Guys I have developed a horrible cough. So bad I vomited 5 times! Can I hurt the baby with all the coughing. My lung hurts. Im miserable :(

Comments

• I feel you this has happened to me in both my pregnancies ..I don't think theirs any harm since my doctor said that that might have been the reason why my labor was so quick...but I had almost through out the hole 9 months hope you feel better
  • @babyblues Thanks! I get so worried over the smallest things. My first prenatal appt is in a week. Im so anxious and uptight!
  • Oh don't worry as a first time parent you worry about everything cause you don't know what to expect and then you worry cause your second pregnancy is nothing like the first one ;)
  • How far a long r u? Do u have a cold?
  • I got bronchitis in January. They gave me antibiotics and tylenol with codeine, and I already have an inhaler. Codeine is one of the only cough suppressents you can take. I only used it a few times, to make work more bearable.
  • edited February 2011
    I just got over bronchitis and they only gave me an inhaler. It took me 2 weeks to get better. I coughed so much!!!' I kept wetting myself!! I was so mad. I was worried that it would hurt the baby because she wasn't getting any sleep. I'm already high risk so I have ultra sounds every 2 weeks. When I went in for my last us they said there was fluid in my cervics area from pressure. They had the dr come in and check to make sure my cervics was ok. The closed portion had changed from a 4 to a 3 but they said as long as I stay above 2 I'm ok. So I guess no more coughing for me!!!! Sorry I know I didn't describe all of that well but the point I'm trying to get at is coughing too much can cause problems.....
  • I didn't feel sick per se....just coughing and vomiting BECAUSE of my coughing....but this morning I have chills. :(
  • edited February 2011
    @Jwigs how far along are u?
  • @Momma2joe how far along are u?
  • My ob/gyn actually told me to be careful of coughing to hard or to much because it can actually break your water. So I would talk to your doctor to see if there is anything they can give you to help relieve the coughing.
  • @Tamsy79 im 28 weeks....
  • I had the flu! Temp never got over 102 but I am fearful for the baby....I heard high temps can cause all sorts of problems
  • I'm 11 weeks, but I had bronchitis about 3 weeks ago.
  • edited February 2011
    oh, and I wanted to add that a coughing fit made me hurl bile one night when I was too nauseous to eat! oh that sucked.
  • Omg @Jwigs ! My coughing fit made me hurl too! Lol! I couldn't stop. Hahahaha In fact, its been my only vomiting episode since i've fallen pregnant. I don't really have morning sickness per se. I have food aversions to most foods, some nausea, but I think its diminishing. In fact, I don't really feel pregnant. Time to post another discussion! Lol.
  • Samsies. Except I had a lot of nausea, now it's just a little. The only other time I hurled was picking up dog poop.