natural birth ??

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Just curious how many mommas are gonnt do or attempt giving birth as natural as possible.

Imma do my best to do it naturally cause I've researched its healthier for baby and recovery time :) I get excited cause I know its gonna be a challenge and maybe next time ill do a water birth it looks fun to spend time chillin in a pool between contractions lol

Comments

• I am. No epidural for me!! I'm proud of my decision :)
  • No meds for me either! This will be my third baby, and I gave birth to my 2nd baby with no epidural. Had a bad experience with it during my 1st birth.
  • @excitedforbaby lol me too my bfs cousin the one who's hosting my baby shower had a lil girl last year and she had emergency csection so they gave it to her now she gets horrible back pain she highly advised me not to take it
  • I've always been not wanting an epidural. Now I've heard a couple of scary stories with it, definitely will not get one. And one of my friends also told me she has horrible back pain.
  • @mya218 that's what I was scared of there's so much that can go wrong with meds
  • I am! I am doing a hypno birth, I'm really looking forward to it
  • @excitedforbaby mhmm and I hear after giving birth its so much better the bonding with baby
  • im going to try and go as natural as possible :) the hospital im going to deliver at has jacuzzis so im gonna be taking full advantage of that!
  • @Imamommysoon what's hypobirth I haven't looked that one up yet
  • @tinkergal lol I would too :) it makes giving birth sound so much more funn
  • I did the natural thing with my son for the first 15 hours, after that the doc said it would be better for me and the baby to get the epidural. Its was amazing!!! I could have kissed the doc at that point. Then an hour later I had a c-sectionbecause the babies heart rate was dropping. In the end it was all for the best. I didn't have any side effects and Nico was great and still is. So I guess what I am saying is don't be afraid to change your birth plan in the middleof everything.
  • I'm going natural...2 of my 3 kids were meds free (the first one I was induced because I had the flu, but was already 100% effaced and 5cm dialated when I went to the hospital, so they gave me pitocin and demerol, which btw, did not work until baby was already out.)

I ended up staying at the hospital for 3 days after my first was born, and I was out the next day with my other 2 - so definitely going all natural again so I can be home sooner.
  • Iam going natural. Just looking how a epidural is done scared me so much and after a horror story that happen to one of cousins friend and for sure not getting it unless I need to get a c-section I guess I don't have a choice. I know I can do it
  • @meg11487 of course if anything comes up were it would be better for baby I would anything to make sure he's safe and healthy but if everythings okay imma let him and my body do all the work :)
  • i was always too scared to go without an epidural.. but the second time around i coulda done without because by the time i got it i had to push soon after...

@mya218 i had it with both my kids and was wondering if it hurts to push them out without the epidural... i'm asking because with my son i got the epidural put in and then i had this burning sensation right after and asked my doc why its burning she checked me and said i had to push already.. so i guess i felt all the contractions and my epi kicked in right in time for me to push... does the baby coming out hurt more or less then the contractions itself? i'm wondering if i should just go without the epi this time around...
  • @sweetz4 lol that's what I'm hoping for easy smooth and on my way home with precious baby lucas

@angie87 I agree it scared me too one of my friends almost bit her bfs nipple off when they put hers in
  • I'm all for a natural birth exactly what u want. I'm trying for a water birth or a tub to at least labor in. I want a calming and relaxing environment to bring my baby into.
  • i went natural w/ my first...and hoping to do the same w/this one :)
  • I also have plans to go as natural as possible, but we shall see!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • its exciting to see all these mommas going natural I think some of my family think I'm crazy and wont be able to do it
  • so 11 natural
  • @myHEARTZx3 It hurt as the head was coming out, but I have a high pain tolerance so I was able to get through my contractions by focusing on my breathing. The pain motivated me to push correctly and get her (my daughter) out of there, though! LOL! After I had her, I never needed any pain meds, not even a tylenol.
  • Haha. My mom says I won't be able to do it. But if it gets to that. I'll definitely think of those stories and ill say"hell no,no epidural"lol
  • @Bbylucasmomma its a method used to relax the mother for labor and birth. It involves deep meditation/breathing exercises and visualization, its also know as the monagan method. U should definitely try it out!
  • @Imamommysoon wow thanks I will it sounds nice :)
  • I gave birth natural! But only because labour was so quick didn't get the chance for an pain relief lol
  • If all goes well with no complications I'll be doing a vaginal delivery with no drugs. The closer I get to my due date the more nervous I get but I'm confident that I can handle it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck to you ladies!! I wanted to go natural with my first but the pain was unbearable, definitely didn't know what I had gotten myself into lol. My birth plan went out the window, I got the epidural (kinda late) it somewhat worked. I was up and walking an hour later and went home the next day. 5 years later and no back pain BC of the epidural. Definitely getting it again this time around. Its different for everyone just BC your friends had horrible epidural experiences doesn't mean you will too.