Not Getting Along

It has become apparent to me, after having my daughter that my husband and I are just not compatible. We specifically waited until we were married a while to have a child, to avoid this. Our ideas on parenting are different, and our ideas on appropriate behavior in front of our child are miles apart.

First, it almost seems like my husband is mad that I'm on maternity leave. Even though I am still collecting money for short term disability, he sees Me staying home taking care of the baby while I'm on maternity leave as me "sitting around". He actually said that. I also clean the house, take care of three animals, and Always have dinner ready.

Then he gets mad at me, for whatever reasons and feels it's okay to get verbally abusive with me, in front of our daughter calling me a bi***. Really? I don't want my daughter to think that it is okay to treat women that way. I didn't call him a name and he obviously doesn't respect me.

Finally, he has had a problem with an addiction that I do not approve of. I wont debate anyone but I feel it shouldn't be done around children and he did stop while I was pregnant and is now doing it again. I'm just tired of this life. Is it that bad that I want out for the happiness of my daughter?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nope you are right in your feelings. My friend parrents were married for 14 years before they had children and were divorced within a year of her being born. Having children changes everything. Good luck hun. He's definitly got a wrong view as tgo how this works.
  • Men can also go through depression after having a baby. If this is out of the norm for him , he might be going through depression as well . Has he always been like this ?