Crying....babyshower drama

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
So my baby shower is thursday and my sister was suppose to supply the food for it....she gets stamps, and my mother was suppose to buy the decorations.... Well I call my mom and she said shs didnt have the money to buy the docorations so I said thats ok I will....so I call my sister and see what all shes got (since she is suppose to be planning it) and all she has is hottdogs to grill and rotel....i got kinda upset bc I know thats not enough food and she said well shit happens.... So I had to not only buy almost all the food I also got to buy the decorations....it upsets me bc shes known about this shower for months now and told me "o I got it, im gonna buy all the food" then last minute tell me she cant afford it.....ugh!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• im sorry hun hope everything gets better for you
  • My mother and mil have done the same thing. My father has ended up being the one to help us pay for everything. Now mil isn't even going to buy a box of diapers and my mom decided 3 days before the baby shower she isn't buying us a crib shes going to buy clothes...this after we asked everyone not to buy ANY clothes =p
  • My baby shower was a disaster after letting a.friend plan it, then she fell through then another friend "planned it" but I paid for everything..... Keep your head up, since your dishing out the cash make it how you want it!!!