Any suggestions???

edited July 2011 in Sleep
I havent barely slept in 3 days and have tried every natural thing I can think of. Its not being uncomfortable with the baby...its that I have anxiety issues. I used to take meds for it but stopped when we decided to try for baby. Things I have tried...warm baths, massages, sex, warm milk etc. My dr told me yesterday I could take benadryl but I have restless leg syndrome and it causes it to act up. He also said unisom, but one of the kinds is same active ing of benadryl and the other one is a type c on safety. Any suggestions??????

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommy2isaiahandgiselle my oldest daughter said last night "mommy, you need to go get something with lavender in it" lol...i should have listened to my 12 yr old, huh?
  • I would just take the benedryl. I took unisom last time with my daughter for a few weeks, because it was supposed to help morning sickness (didn't work, lol!) with no issues and I've taken benedryl this time as well.
  • @laura536 it makes my leg go craazzzy. Which causes me not to sleep and my hubby to wake up with bruises. Lol! He also said I could take melatonin which is natural...i have taken it pre-pregnancy and its ok but can cause weird dreams, which I have been having due to pregnancy. Ugh...im going nuts;)
  • Tylenol pm?
  • omg, I can totally understand the weird dreams!! I keep having the most realistic dreams that I am arguing with my husband over the craziest stuff! And I wake up mad at him and he doesn't even know what happened, lol!! I've never taken melatonin, but benedryl knocks me out!
  • tylenol pm is the same med as benedryl, and generic benedryl is cheaper. I just take one and wait to see if it helps before I take a second, but I'm usually asleep after 1 lol.
  • @beadedbunny main ingredient is benadryl...see my problem lol
    @laura536 I had a dream the other night my hubby was leaving me cause he had met.someone else...i woke up having a panic attack and bawling cause I swore it was real. And another one that my dr walked in carrying a sign saying my son was going to be 9++++ lbs. I want this one to be smaller than my last 3, so I freaked out on him and beat him up. Lol
  • I use my sons bedtime bath when it gets bad, lavender definetly relaxes and puts me to sleep
  • I read your original post wrong and I was thinking you needed med to help you sleep through the restless leg, not that benedryl made your restless leg worse, lol!! I need to check my reading comprehension skills today!!

I had a dream I caught him texting someone else...I think it's too much pregly before bed, lol!
  • @sterling_mama I was thinking about trying that...i see a wal-mart trip in my future for the evening.
    @laura536 lol my hubby said he was going to ground me from pregly cause he thinks thats where the cheating thoughts came from...until I read the posts that women have been posting about ummmm oral benefits in the hosp and to help hubby relax. Now he believes I should follow their lead;)
  • Oh and thanks for your suggestions ladies!
  • Does drammamine have any of the same ingredients as benadryl? I think it's something similar. That stuff put me out! I need to lay back and have absolute quiet so I don't freak out though. Sometimes I get startled easily with anything that puts me to sleep. I think I might actually turn to that in the future because benadryl makes me itchy after it's leaving my system (had the same problem with a stronger antihistamine I was on pre-pregnancy).

Good luck!
  • I never thought of drammamine...i used to get bad carsickness when I was younger and that stuff knocked me out. Do you know if its safe for pregnancy?