has anyone booked there first appointment?

edited February 2011 in October 2011
I have mine booked for Monday at 10:50am, really nervous as don't know what to expect. X

Comments

• Mines today @ 10........ Don't worry its just a lot of talkin, blood test maybe an pap
  • What's a pap? Sorry I can't really remember much from my pregnancy I sort of just blocked it out when I lost it.
  • Oh and good Luck, how far gone are you?
  • Mine is today at 10 too! This is my first due on Oct. 5th I think.
  • Lol! It's ok, an exam like when u go for ur annual appt with ur Gyne the get all in ur cookie box. Lol
  • a pap smear like when you go for your annual woman exam.
  • New too....we must k.I.t
  • Cookie box LOL
  • Ohh I see, I'm 19 so never had one before. I'm due 25th, Congrates x
  • Lol @ the cookie box too x
  • I ment me too! I'm due on the 5th as well ........don't b stealing my cookie box term j/k
  • Lol, Aww you 2 can be like due date buddies! Lol x
  • Gotcha! Well at your first appt they should definitely do a pap. They'll put your feet in stirrups and use a tool to check your goodies. Doesn't hurt just a little uncomfortable. At 5 weeks I went and the nurse just went over everything with me took blood work and urine samples. Asked about medical history and answered my questions. My first appt with my ob is today so ill let u know what happens.

@marriedwith3 yes we have to k.I.t. I'm so stealing your cookie box term though. Lol
  • I'm 19 as well! I just had my first appointment yesterday and i was very nervous. But my Dr was wonderful, very warm and just gentle. I had never had a pap either and was nervous about it. All they do is insert a speculum so he/she can see the cervix then lightly touch the cervix with a small brush to collect cells for cancer screening. I couldn't even feel it at all, he was just talking me through it. Then your doc will probably do an exam with his fingers to feel your womanly parts and its not painful at all. Maybe slightly uncomfortable but the more you can relax the easier it will go. The thing to remember is they do this everyday, and try their best to make you comfortable and they won't surprise you with anything. I was talked through everything. Also, I never felt really exposed or anything. They don't have you all splayed out naked under bright lights or anything. You're covered up. And I didn't feel like I was being stared at or anything. That was just my experience, sorry for the essay but I hope it helped. So good luck! And I hope you get to see that baby! It's worth it all!
  • Omg im 19 as well and 5 and a 1/2 weeks pregnant and i just had my first doctors app on Monday and it was my first pap too! And the first time i had a vaginal ultrasound as well, thou my doctor was very gentle too and made me feel confortable it went by smoothly:) Lots of Congratulations Ladies!
  • I had a vaginal ultrasound too. It was amazing seeing my little wiggly baby. How has everyone gotten in so early!? I'm 9 weeks and 4 days and just went for my first yesterday.
  • U guys need to start the 19 year old club. Lol
    @flyingmomtobe I'll let u borrow it.
  • edited February 2011
    Lol we do!
  • Lol, Ahh at least I ain't the only one. Im from the UK so things get done quite quickly. Thanks for the help and info I feel a lot less nervous now!
  • I'm 7 weeks tomorrow, and I had my first appointment yesterday. I go for my first ultrasound on March 24th. :)
  • Went to the doctor and I'm not as far along as I thought. The baby measured at 6w3d making my edd 10/10 my bday!!! Can't believe it!!! I had a vaginal u/s and could see the little peanut and heartbeat. Too early to actually hear. Have another appt set for mar. 9th ill be 9 weeks then.
  • MY dr waits til 9th week march 7th yay!
  • Ahh @flyingmomtobe that's a day before my birthday! Atleast everything is ok. We really need to k.I.t mine will be due my oh birthday and 2 weeks after mine.
  • Feb 24th is my first appointment. I keep thinking the doctor is going to tell me its twins. I keep having dreams about them and I feel much bigger than 6 weeks 4 days.
  • I'm a twin and my sister has twins me and the bf are worried about twins too lol x
  • I had a pregnancy confirmation appt last week. I am 6 weeks today and have an ultrasound scheduled for the 24th. We can't wait. That's when we plan on tellin everyone. After the ultrasound I will be scheduling my first visit. This will be our 4th baby.
  • My first appointment is on wedensday, and Im 19 as well :p
  • @bigmamak what do they do at the confirmation appt is that way everyone was talking about above or just urine test ?
  • Yup I just had a urine test to confirm. They also sent me for blood work to see where my hcg was. I got a script for my prenatal vitamins also and dha vitamin. Your first prenatal appt is where they usually do a pap smear and ask you a bunch of questions, order more bloodwork. I know different doctors do things differently though.