Baby shower favors

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
Question for you ladies... I'm having about 50 guests for my baby shower. I went all out with food, cake, and gifts for the games. I was just thinking how customary it is to give baby shower favors for each guest? I don't know if I should or if I shouldn't??? I really don't want to as it's getting pretty pricey already but I don't want to seem rude.

Comments

• go to the party store they have kits that were not to badly prices!
  • It's pretty customary. Don't think it's rude if you don't. I had the cute keychains made and forgot to pass them out to my guests. :(
  • What I did is make a card from Walmart with my ultrasound pics one of 8 weeks,20weeks, and my 4d one and it was 30 bux for 70 of them and it came with envelopes to and then i put a bow on it so it wasent to plain .
  • http://www.buybakepops.com/

What's easier than $1.00 cake mix :)
    Just buy bags and ties.
  • Because im having abt 125 ppl at my baby shower its kinda pricey to have BIG customary favors so im having a candy table/dessert table at mine! I got little boxes with zebra print ribbons & on the table will be personalized M&Ms, blue lollipops, blue jelly beans, blue herseys, blue rock candy, brown snickers, blue & brown cup cakes, chocolate cover apples & strawberries! For my immediate family thats helping put it together im doing surprised maternity pics in key chains with white roses! just a suggestion but i understand :)
  • I guess I should. It totally slipped my mind! We are spending about $500 already on everything so I guess I should just get to doing something.
    @angie87 That is a cute idea! :-D
  • I am not doing special favors for eveyone. I can't afford to and no way I am asking my friend to do that for everybody. We will have prizes for people who win games and a giftcard for the diaper raffle. I might get some candy and random stuff people can take home to spread out on tables too. I have been to showers where I left with goodies and one I haven't I don't think its expected to have. I actually felt bad leaving with a goodie bag worth 10 dollars when I spent 15 on the gift I brought.