Gest Diabetes! Bummer

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
I am on Metformin for PCOS, and thought I was doing good. By taking meds and having normal numbers. Took my 1 hr test and failed, then 3 hr and failed. Now I have Gestational Diabetes, and frankly I am BUMMED. I've done so much to be careful not to be in this position, yet here I am! Ugghhh! I. Am happy to talk to a dietician to stay on track diet wise, but really really don't want to take insulin. Anyone with GD that can help me with whow they make the decision to but you on insulininsulin. Thx

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have it. However, I am very skeptical. I only failed by 2 points on the 1 hour then I only failed by 3 points on the 3rd hour of the 3 hour. Grrr... I am controlling it with diet. Its not that bad just boring
  • @doodles that's really close, glad you can work it out with diet. Hoping they give me a good chance to do that.

@ashleyfew just worried because I already take metformin, so they may just do insulin because of thos one test. But I test my sugars at home (have been since beginning of pregnancy) and its always in te nirmal range. Just feel like I have to convince them that I am taking care of it and it was the overloading on sugar that put it so high. Essentially I am already controlling it w/ diet, but all they see is this one tolerance test. It's frustrating.

Thanx to both of you though. I hope I can stay w/ diet and meds. I am so scared.
  • I got frustrated bc they rely on that one test also. If u can show u are controling it with diet im sure they will try to avoid further medicating.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.