grams cancer final request not pregnancy related *update*

edited July 2011 in Loss
Well as you can probably guess, my grams is fading fast. Hospice is with her now trying to keep her as pain free as possible. I just wanted to ask everyone to pray for a quick and pain free passing for her. I feel as if that's all I have left to offer her being so far away.

@everyone - I Just wanted to thank you all for your prayers. It really means a lot. My grams past away about an hour ago. N all though I wasn't there to hold her hand and kiss her goodbye, I was able to tell her I love her and that it was OK for her to go. Thanks to my cousin putting me on speaker phone. And for the first time in almost 8 hours she opened her eyes and looked around m tried to talk. She knee it was me n I know she'd have told me she loved me too.

Comments

• Praying for peace for you all
  • May peace be with her and you.:)
  • I'm sending prayers for you and your entire family. God bless you all and may you find strength in Him and each other. (((hugs)))
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Prayers for her, you, and your family sweetie.
  • Praying for grams and your family.
  • Prayers
  • Lots and lots of prayers for your gram and the family... I've been through it. Its tough Hun. Stay strong, sending lots of hugs.. >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Lots and Lots of prayers for your family!
  • I'm sure hearing your voice put her in a better place :) so glad that you were acme to give her that moment Hun... I'm sorry to hear she lost her battle but know she is and will continue to watch over you.

My "uncle" just passed away a week ago and I wasn't there but was able to send a recording of his favorite song that I sang & recorded on my phone less than 12 hrs before we lost him. I guess when my bestfriend played it for him he closed His eyes and smiled (he could no longer talk really) and his 5 girls cried... it was just a very special moment of peace, and that's what gets me through losing him... to know I was able to give him that peace. I'm sure that's what you did fimor your grams :)
  • God Bless your heart. I am so glad you got to share that last great moment with her. I agree with @mrsrocketfield1221 she needed that last moment for her to be at peace and you were just what she wanted at the time. I will continue to pray for your family. Your baby has a guardian angel now!
  • So sorry hun prayers
  • @Babyneeyear2012 - thank You. She really was an amazing person. And now shell ne able to be with me when I have my son like she wanted to.

@mrsrocketfield1221 - that's a beautiful thing you were able to do for your uncle. I know it made me feel a bit better to know I was able to give her a Lil more peace b4 she passed. I just keep thing of so many things I wish I had said. But I guess that's something That most ppl feel after loosing someone they love.
  • I did the same... and questioned why I didn't end the song with an I love you uncle Paul... but, I know he knows I did. And I know that, in a way, that was kind of my way if saying it. :) I hope your own heart finds peace today.