welp, it's here... wish me luck...UPDATE

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
So my baby shower is today. I haven't been very confident about anyone showing up so i am praying that i can at least breath. this is our third but we wanted a celebration for our baby. of course presents are nice to get to help with the baby, esp considering our youngest is 5 yrs old, but i am more concerned i just want people there to talk to and celebrate with us. my bff and her mom is throwing the shower for me. my kids (5 and 6) will be there. We sent out 22 invites and we got 3 rsvp saying they would be there. the majority we invited were my family. (hub's family is out of state) but even my own mom won't be there. she claims she has to work- this coming from a woman who has set her own hours/days for the last 6 years. and my mom has instilled in me that no one will show up, they don't want to come to someone's baby shower for their third kid and no one will take the hassle to go out of their day to come. i'm going to be very very hurt if hardly anyone shows. i have been prepping myself to expect no one but my hopes are still there. so i guess i will update later today/tonight and let you all know how it goes. i just need some prayers for my heart really, as much rejection i have had in my life i feel like i should be ready for any rejection, but with my mom basically being the biggest bit** and utterly selfish this entire pregnancy i really need some people to be by my side for once.......

UPDATE: well i don't know if i *wished* it upon myself by thinking it so much or what, but the only guests who showed were 2 of my cousins. they weren't even the people who RSVP'd that they would be there! I am so hurt. TWO of my cousins showed. not my mom, not my sister in law, not one of my 7 aunts or 30 some cousins. :(

Comments

• I am sure some people will show up, and if not, you will have the people there that really matter! :)
  • %%- I hope you're happily surprised with today!
  • :( Im sorry that not alot of people showed up...especially family..!
  • If it makes you feel any bit better, I invited 50 people to go out with me on my 21st this year. I went to another friend's house who was also having her 21st. She had a bunch of people over. Not a ton, but still quite a bit. After a while, my bf and I decided to leave to make sure we weren't bad hosts as we were gonna go bar hopping and people were supposed to meet at our place. Literally no one showed up. We ended up grabbing our alcohol and bringing it back to my friend's place, at which point she was way more drunk than when we left.

I took care of her all night while a few remaining friends and family watched her puke on me and go through convulsions on her living room floor. Oh, it was a hoot.

Not gonna do a baby shower, cus I know I'm setting myself up for failure. I just don't know many people where I live. No one I know is gonna drive or take a plane to come see me. =/

I would have gone! I hope you get everything you need for baby. I don't understand why everyone feels like they don't have to go just because it's baby number 3. Just as important as baby number 1. It had even been 5 years since your last! :( @survivormommie3
  • Awww mama don't be upset :/ you don't need them.
  • thanks @bigtalkinglori. My youngest is 5 yrs old. but we didn't have a shower with my older two. :( so this was my first shower. i got home and about 1 1/2 hrs into being at home the kids went to the neighbors to play in the water (sprinkler) and hubby went outside to smoke. i just sat and cried and cried and cried. then my hubby interrupted, lol (i dont like to cry in front of people). he held me and hugged me and told me he wishes we had a support system (his dad is so flaky it's pathetic). it was a hard day. all that evening and next day my family was all "i hope you had a great turn out...i had every intention of coming but didn't make it." well no SHI*!! That was on my fb. I wanted to post "YES today was my shower, and NO you didn't come (but thanks tabi and amanda- the two who did show) and YES my feelings are deeply hurt...but I guess you weren't thinking about that, right?" but i swallowed my pride and bitterness. i am still hurt and upset. but im getting over it. im only going to let a few people know when i go into labor. screw them. they don't want to support me in the pregnancy, then screw them for when she gets here. my kids are awesome and they'll miss out on them. and while i want my kids to have support .... hubby and i will do just fine filling in where they are absent. thanks again ladies :-S