Anyone just hate....

edited July 2011 in Baby names
A specific name due to a person you don't like... And would never name the kid it?
Please be nice and understanding if its your name or what you are choosing.
Ugh I hate the name alissa my ex was totally saying her when we were engaged and hes married to her now eeewwwie

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh goodness yes.
  • Lol I hate Amanda & Lori lol no offense to anyone but Lori's my husband's physco ex gf who I wanna just stomp on lol & Amanda well I'm not to fond of very many amanda's lol
  • Too many to name! Lol
  • I wouldn't say I hate the names but there are a few both male and female that have unpleasant associations with and would never name my child those names.
  • Absolutely! I could go on and on about names that just make me cringe.
    My biggest thing is a name of one of my husbands exs. I know this is probably a bit extreme, but if were watching a movie and a character has the same name, i have a hard tome enjoying the movie because im constantly worried its going to remind him of her. I know that probably doesn't happen, because it doesn't happen when i hear my exs names, but still. Lol.
    I wonder if men have the same animosity towards stuff like this.
  • @sydneyleann23 bahaha I found your comment so funny because I thought I was the only one who would think like that lol I glare at him lol
  • @amberlynnoct20th i did bad when we first got married and have since let up a bit, but every time i hear a name i always look at him to make sure he makes no reaction! Haha. I wish i could chill out though because i highly doubt he cares. Example: one day were driving and he out of no where says "that looks like tonys truck". I was shocked!! I immediately jumped down his throat asking him why'd he bring up tony. Tony is a man i used to have this terrible thing with it lasted over a year and my husband knew. He told me he didn't even think about that and that those kinds of tings don't matter. I so wish i had that strength.
  • edited July 2011
    Lol how funny I have to ask my hubby if he has any names he just doesn't like because of someone he doesn't like either
  • There are a few names that I actually like, but wouldn't name my kid because I hate someone with that name.
  • Amanda sarah vanessa matthew levi I could go on. But I have never met an amanda that was not beyond crazy. No offence if anyone here is named amanda.
  • Beth an amber. Beth was my husbands annoying ex gf. An amber as a girl I could not stand in high school
  • Mines nick and zack bc of exs I love the name zack for a boy but every one I've met turned out to be a douch bag or ass hole
  • Alana - I was her friend when I was 20, she was 40. The MOST annoying "woman" you will ever meet.

Heather - My nephews dads girlfriend. Nephews dad used to be nice & cool (we'v known him for 16 yrs) she comes along and controls him, harasses my mom and sister and tries to run things. Now he is a dick head.

Steven - my nephews dad (oddly, my boyfriends name is Steven too, so I would use this name - just call the kid steve like I do my love) but for the reason stated above, can't stand him.

Wilma - my nephews nana (stevens mom) she has hated my sister since we were kids, she would always get in trouble for no reason and spanked. She tries to tell my sistsr how to raise her son, and she's mooched from my mom for way toooo long! (My mom finally told her to grow the fly up, she's 55 I think, and she's done it to her family too. Oh and mom kicked her out, or she left, either way, she's gone)

And I worked at a strip club for 2.5 years and wouldn't use any name that reminds me of any dancer. (I was the house mom, collected the money the girls have to pay to work there, had an office in the dressing room, did office stuff too, best job ever.)
  • Billy, ashley, and renee. Billy was my ex husband who I found out was a pedofile, had a lot of bad ashley experiences, and greatly disliked a lot of renees.
  • I love the name zach and zachary but due to my Ex... Never in my life every one I haver ever ever ever met with that name has been a cheating lying anus lol. coincidentally I hate the name jon... It irks me lol its so blunt... I'm engaged to a John! Lol! Ambrosia, johns ex wife... I don't hate her, I hate what she did to him... But she is named after a greek fruit salad... Lol bobby joan stephany greg fred frank billy george buck ernie larry omg larry lol! Those names just make me laugh or annoy me, I know a lot of really awesome ppls with those names... But I couldn't name my kid any of those.... Except maybe larry LOL!
  • @usmcwifemommy101107 the girl amber in my high school made my life hell for 4 yrs, she was so mean to me lol I didn't want to go to school. My name is amanda an every amanda iv ever met has been crazy or mean lol. I like to think im an exception lol.
  • I hate the name Neveah.. its just plain stupid and I hate the "it means heaven backwards" excuse.. Or whenever they misspell a name to make it look "cool" like "Brittnee" or totally over-used names like Emma, Emily, Marie, Sophia.. I could name a ton more and many reasons why, but this baby just made me hungry! (on my way to the kitchen)
  • the name mandy, and riley urghhh just thikng about it makes me extremely angry!
  • The name Andrea makes me psycho
  • Lol uriah doesn't it sound like urine lol ian yuck stupid ex