Lactation

edited July 2011 in October 2011
Hi ladies, I was just wondering approximately when lactation starts. I heard as early as 24 weeks. I am 27 weeks tomorrow and have had no leakage at all. This might be tmi, but I am just curious about when I should be expecting the leaking to start/what to look for before it starts.

Comments

• Not everyone leaks. If I squeeze I got fluid starting round 20w or so I don't really remember but it hasn't come out on its own
  • I am 25 wks on weds and i have no sign, boobs arent even hurting, just my nipps have gone a bit dark! My friend is further along from me and hers started at 28 weeks but some people i know didnt even start before birth so i wouldnt worry :)
  • I'm 15 +4 and I started earlier this week. Only if I lay on them or they r pressed. It was awkward when it first happened tho.
  • It varied with my pregnancies. With my first I think I leaked around the last week or two, with my second I randomly leaked once around 23-25 weeks and then maybe once more around 30 some weeks. With my most recent, I didn't leak once! But I'm nursing now and there is definitely plenty for him to eat, so leaking/not leaking while pregnant is nothing to stress over. :)
  • here is my 2 leakage stories...while fooling around with my bf he was sucking on my nipple and pulled away with shock/ surprise and started smacking his lips and said what was tbat its all lubercaty and kinda gross lol it dosent happen everytime ...2nd story we were having sex with me on top (very rare experience now lol) and all of a sudden my bf says oh you werent lying when you said you had milk in there so I look down and little dropletts are flying around!coming from me! I could not stop laughing...its only sometimes it comes out and others its dry hope it helps :)
  • I'll be 30 weeks on Friday, and I still have nothing--squeezing or not.
  • Wow, it definitely seems to vary. I am not concerned, more just curious if there were any specific signs to look for before it started. Thanks for the input ladies, and good luck!
  • Mine started at 18 weeks and has not stopped
  • Im 38+6 and nothing yet...im getting discouraged bc i didnt produce enough milk with my first. I will definately try this time around. I think it varys alot so
    Good luck mamma!
  • it's ok. you may never leak. i didn't leak with my other two pregnancies (or this one, yet...i am 35 wkS) until the kids were born.