no baby shower?

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
Is it a bad thing that I don't want one. I am having one only because people won't shut up about it and criticizing me.

Comments

• No girl u saved ya self one huge headache !! Trust and believe
  • Its not a bad thing! But for the things you do and could get, its a great idea..

I'm not having one, but its cause I moved soooo far from anyone I know, and its been somewhat of a struggle (more of a lengthy) process being able to get everything we need. I have less than 5 weeks left and we are still buying necessities.
  • It's like my whole pregnancy its what everyone else wants.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No one doesn't care. They just keep nagging.
  • Im not having one! :) i refuse to even register! For a few reasons: im a military wife and i only like maybe 3 wives that are married into my husbands comand. There are about 50. Im nice to all of them, but can't stand the majority. If i had a shower and word got out to the other wives it could be a big drama thing, which i dont need during deployment.
    Another reason, my family is super judgemental and the way my husband and i got married was, well quite odd. We didn't even date. We went from best friends to engaged for 4 months to married for 7 then pregnant. Lol. I don't want it to seem like we couldn't provide everything we needed, so i have way too much pride to allow people to provide for my child, when i am perfectly capable. Plus the added satisfaction of have done everything yourself is a great feeling.

You do exactly what you want. Don't be afraid to say what you want. This is your time. They'll have theirs if they haven't already.
  • I'm not having one because I figure all the money i was goin to spend on the baby shower I could spend on my baby ..maybe after my baby is born and they want to get her somethin then they can but I'm not goin to spend money on anybody but my kids
  • Im not having one because we r done baby shopping lol we just wanted to do it by ourselves. We figured the money that we would have spent on the baby shower could just b spent on the baby, an that way we could get wat we want an not have to deal with people.
  • I hate them.
  • i'm not having one but this is my third baby i'm over it..lol but if this is ur first baby it could be fun :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its all about u! If u dnt want one dnt let anyone pressure u into having one. I decided against one even though everyone tried to insist that they do one ne way.
    If they make such a big deal about it n u don't wanna be rude and say no why not do a dinner instead. Everyone can show up n bring a gift or something