Hoarding: buried alive

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
Whenever I watch this show it makes me CLEAN!!!! It's very intriguing how people become hoarders. Does anyone personally know someone who does this?

Comments

• I'm glad I don't. It's nasty.
  • I don't know anyone who are real hoarders. I know of a few people who's homes are messy and should just throw out a lot of stuff though. I like to tease my husband when he doesn't want to get rid of something he doesn't need and call him a hoarder!
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's crazy! @CarrieLee I tease my hubby too!!!! He never wants to get rid of things and I tell him I'm going to report him.
    @gatorbob wow! I can't even imagine being in a crowded stuffed room with just pathways. I wonder if something happened to make them hoard.
  • Oh gosh now I'm watching my strange addiction and there is a 25 year old who acts like a baby. Diapers, pacifier, Onsies....gosh! X_X
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i cant watch that show, it makes me ocd lol. i was at my parents house watching it tonight with my mom and i wanted to jump into the tv and throw everything in the dumpster! it drives me nuts!
    @kcike812 ugh i know right?! that show just weirds me out. i always end up talking to the tv lol. some ppl are just ridiculous!
  • edited July 2011
    My fil is one bad I honestly wrote tlc for him.to get help its scary because I see my hubby starting the sane habbits
  • I've watched almost every episode of hoarders on Netflix. It's so crazy! Hoarding is a mental illness that psychologists are beginning to think is genetic.
  • @gatorbob That does make sense. I saw one where the mom just didn't want to part with all of her children's belongings. Even after they left for college.
    @jazzi89 Midway through the show I started washing the dishes and vacuuming.
    @supermom405 that's scary! I always tell my mom to watch out because her bedroom is piled with stuff at times. I always joke with her and say she is a store because she buys stuff, then they stay in the bags, get covered and then she forgets about them. It's only her bedroom and she usually cleans before it gets out of hand but I still worry.
  • @kcike812 yes it is! I worry about him because he got mad at his other son when he tried to throw away a old printer that A. He hasnt used in 3yrs & B. Doest even work! He really needs help
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.