hot tubs??

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
Yes or no?! I'm 33 weeks.

Comments

• I thought so but my friend is 30 weeks and her Dr said yes as long as the jets aren't on... I was confused
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • O wow ok. Ty
  • You're always right lol I'm not planning on going in one, just thought it wasn't ok for her to be in one. But idk I guess she doesn't care either way because she's still smoking and drinking energy shots. Makes me sick...
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My ob says its okay as long at temp is not over 110 degrees cuz the uterus will balance its own temp out but I honestly don't trust anything with this baby... altho that jacuzzi bath in L&D.... Oh freakin boy I sat in there half the time I was in the hospital yesterday!
  • Yea she said its fine for her to smoke because it doesn't hurt the baby it'll just make her smaller. Yea ill call her obs office.. I used to work in that hospital.
  • but with hot tubs its no more than 15 minutes absolute MAX at a time. anymore your core temp over heats and that is very bad for baby. they actually reccommend no more than 15 minutes for someone who isn't pregnant anywho
  • No she said she did her own research.
  • Its best to just stay out of hot tubs or anything that may seem somehow safe at some point but can b risky. Its only 9 months...we mothers can survive without stuff like that for our precious little ones :) after that go on and do whatever then...reward urself for the hard work ;)
  • I had a scare early on because I went in hot tubs...and thankfully baby is fine. I went to the doc and she told me to not go in for the rest of my pregnancy and I was cooking my baby :(