BABY SHOWER ON BED REST?????************

edited July 2011 in Baby showers
WHAT DO YOU DO? I'M LIKELY TO BE ON BED REST UNTIL MY GIRL IS HERE. I HAVE 10 WEEKS LEFT UNTIL DUE DATE. MY ORIGINAL SHOWER WAS PLANNED FOR JULY 30TH AT A BOWLING ALLEY THAT HAD ADULT ARCADE GAMES AND A POOL HALL. ALSO IT WAS TO BE CO-ED. SHE COULD COME EARLY HOWEVER SINCE I'M AT RISK FOR PRE-TERM LABOR ( THAT'S WHY ON BED REST.) ANY IDEAS??? OUR APARTMENT IS SMALL WITH 850 SQF. ^#(^

Comments

• Have the shower after the baby arrives? My husband and i are doing that because my husband is deployed and im more friends with his friends than my own. Lol.
    If it helps, ive ears that in the UK its good luck.
  • i had my babyshower at my place when i was on bed rest, and i just laid there and everyone else did everything, only reason i stood up was to pee or to measure my belly for the game that we played. since your place is small maybe just do it with your close friends and then have a diaper party or something after the baby comes and everyone can see the baby and bring you lots of diapers!! good luck! its not impossible :)
  • Do u have a common room at ur apts that they rent out u could use that if so n just make sure ur in a comfy chair with ur feet up.... or like someone else mentioned u can mix ur shower with a coming home party a couple weeks after baby is born! Or just have a little one with just family until u have her then have the big one after that way u still get some stuff before the little one arrives :)
  • Ooo.good ideas!! Keep them coming. The recreation room I could rent out is $300 upfront for deposit. It's a bit too much at once since having these extra hospital stays in recent weeks. I'm liking the thought of maybe a small one for now and then once she's here another more regular shower.:)
  • Ouch that's alittle spendy gez. I think thats Wat I would do though just have a little one at ur appt then have a big welcome home/ baby shower party after that could be a lot of fun :)