toddlers that wake you like newborns?

I really don't understand it... Feel like were going backwards instead of forward. Anyone else having this problem

Comments

• My 6 year old goes through periods where shes up 2/3 times a night... Its not good at all :-( usually saying shes tired... GO TO SLEEP THEN lol
  • My 19 month old whines & it drives me crazy 2 the point I have to leave the room.then I'm going to have a nb! O god help!
  • My 2 year old wakes up crying and crawls into bed with us every night it never fails she never used to be like that almost as if she knows that she won't be the baby anymore and it makes her nervous
  • My daughter did that till two years old till I made her sleep in her own bed but her bed is connected right next to mine but she still wakes up once in a while but not to much any more sometimes. I Think is the surrounding they are use to and when u change it you have to stick to it my daughter is 26 months so its been about two months if she crawls in my bed I tell her no go back to bed if she crys I let her cry she barely does it any more. But she still goes to bed with a zippy cup and I know I have to stop that soon to. I think I can do it. Good luck lady's
  • my 3yo just stopped when ba0y 3 was born hes the oldest
  • My 2 year old wakes me as frequently as my newborn! It's exhausting! I am not sure when he will grow out if it because it's due to his eczema making him itch.... So he wakes up crying for lotion or because he clawed himself open in his sleep. So tired...
  • mine do it too. my 20 month old wakes up making whining/grunting sounds several times a night.
  • @Stevkam0911 That's how I feel and I was told that it would be like that be she is preparing me for the baby but this is tough. I hardly get any sleep
  • @Stevkam0911 That's how I feel and I was told that it would be like that be she is preparing me for the baby but this is tough. I hardly get any sleep
  • edited July 2011
    @txmoorekat my five yrdoes the same thing with his eczema talking bout being tired ugh
  • my son is 20 months old and he still wakes like a newborn alot of times he will get up at 1:30 and stay up until 6:30 and WONT no matter what i do go back to sleep hes been like this forever hes never slept well through the night. he has adhd and just constantly wakes himself throughout the night and cant calm down to go back to sleep its awesome. good luck momma i feel you i have NO idea how i am going to get this to work when i have a newborn too! IM a bit nervous!
  • My oldest step daughter was the worst with getting up. Part of it was her mother was too lazy to put her back in bed-just let her crawl in with her (which finally stopped when her man moved in) and part of it was there was a lot of change always going on. We finally got her to stay all night once we had them for summer vacation (weeks instead of weekends). Its a normal thing though :( we just put our 3 year old in a toddler bed 2 weeks ago and some nights she sleeps all night some nights she wakes up. If she wakes up crying I calm her down then tell her she has to go to sleep and put her back in. If she wakes up fine I snuggle her for a few minutes then tell her she has to go back to bed and put her there. I'm picking my battles though and not pushing potty training lol one new change at a time lol
  • I don't have problems with my 2 1/2 yo daughter and sleeping but I do feel you on the feeling like your moving backwards. my daughter was almost completely potty trained and hardly ever had accidents now she hardly ever will go on the potty I have to sit her in there til she goes. I am so tired with being so far pregnant that idk if I have patience to do it all over and start from beginning with potty training again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.