I'm feeling detached...

I do a lot for him. I do the laundry (even when he goes with me sometimes), I make his food, I clean our room, I get his work clothes ready, I wake him up for work, I don't ask him for much... but when I do, I might as well be pulling out my own teeth. Don't get me wrong, he's good and all, but he doesn't help me, nor gets me anything. I ask for chips, he doesn't wanna go downstairs, even if I go with him.. I ask for pbnj, he was too tired. Our roommates offer, where he doesn't, one even made my pbnj for me, and got me chips. Shit like that only makes me cry, cause he is being lazy, his psycho ex whom he has a daughter with got better pregnancy treatment than I do, admittedly. And from what he says, she asked for everything. I DONT ASK FOR MUCH! AND EVEN LESS CAUSETHE OUTCOME IS USUALLY I DO IT MYSELF OR I DONT GET IT AT ALL. This has had me pissed since last night, and I feel silly crying about it, but it really puts a damper on me, it effects me more than I ever thought it would. It makes me want to just go back to Texas where I belong with my family, right now I need them. But its just not possible. And I hate feeling like this.

Comments

• I'm sorry u have to deal with that BS while ur preggo. Trust me I'm going thru some BS too. You aren't feeling detached from the baby though are u??
  • No, not the baby.. him. And I don't want to. @mommyof3tobe
  • Im feeling like this as well in fact. For the first time in a while divorce has come to my mind.
    I ask for help. I'm asking For the world. Today is a Utah Holliday. And I had to work he didn't. The Pioneer parade starts right in front of my office and I knew downtown traffic was gonna suck to drive to where I park. I asked him to drive me in and he didn't feel like it. Of course he sent me a text asking if I got in ok. I replied. It was a pain in the ass but I made it thanks for caring after the fact.
    I'm not feeling love or charished and not feeling like I'm THE one for him in his eyes anymore.
    I figure I'll give it Til after the new year to make any decisions but the way I'm feeling now other then sex we are just roommates and not on the same team.

Sorry to vent on your vent post. But you are certainly not alone.
  • Woah sometimes I feel exactly like that. I'm sorry you are dealing with that :(
  • I feel this way too but then i think about befor the pregnancy and was he any different and i realize he wasnt. It never stopped me from loving him before and though it may seem like hes being an ass nd not helping me he has always been this way. My husband wouldnt even make turkey sandwiches while i was packing our day bag yesterday then when i finished had everything packed (after an hour of running up and down stairs) he finally gets up to get dressed and then he cant find the keys when were in the car he cant find his wallet then during our picnic he complained that i didnt bring him chips... Men are asses
  • Wow I would beat his butte and say u wanna carry a baby with u to go get it that's what I thought now go ........ but on the other hand I'm sure ur keeping up ur health better than me hehe. :)
  • Stop coddling him like a 5 year old and his attitude will change. Make sure you let him know that generosity goes BOTH ways.
  • My bf acts the same way we have 7 dogs and he expects me to take them out and feed them in this 100+ weather while he does nothing but get on FB and sit in the AC. When I finish he says when do u plan on cooking u think I want to wait all day to eat. He is an ass. They have no idea wat it is like to b pregnant and the extra stress it puts on us. I know he couldn't walk a mile in my shoes! Sorry ur going through this ur not alone. They will have a rude awakening when lo arrives bc there will b someone else who needs to b catered to way more then them and those needs will come first not theirs