To mommies that delivered at 32 weeks or before

edited July 2011 in Third Trimester
Ive been having contractions on and off since I was 26 weeks but yesterday they got very bad and 5 min apart almost went to the hospital but I called first and they made me take 2 of my tirbutaline pills and lay on my left and drink tons of water so they did get better.
Problem is im terrified!! What if I end up having my babies now?! I mean, I know they're viable and they'll need a few weeks in the nicu but will they be fine and healthy?
I know some of you ladies have delivered premature babies, how are your precious ones now? Are they good and healthy? How long did they stay in nicu? How did breastfeeding go? did they still bond with you?
I would really appreaciate your feedbacks!

Comments

• Aww babes I wish I could help but this is my first pregnancy, I hope your babys stay in their longer! But ill bump this up for u
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My oldest was born at 30 weeks. He was in the nicu about 5 weeks. When he came home I nursed him just fine. He is now a healthy, tall 7 year old :-) don't stress!
  • edited July 2011
    My oldest was born at 27 weeks. He is 12 and perfectly fine. Have you had steroid shots? @josie749
  • My twin cousins were born at 27weeks .. they were of course in the nicu for awhile and once taken home had to be on close watch but now they are about to be 7and healthy as ever!
  • Thanks ladies! That makes me feel a little better..@babynewyear2012 yes I got 2 steroid shots, does that mean they'll hopefully be able to breath on their own or does it deppend on the situation?
  • My son was full term but my sisters youngest was born at 28 weeks and spent 5 weeks in the NICU and 3 1/2 years layer she's a beautiful and healthy little girl...
  • @josie749 It definetly will help. At 27 weeks with the steroid shots my son was only on the ventilator for 36 hours. How many weeks are you now?
  • @kalasthename wow! Born at 28 weeks and was only in nicu for 5 weeks! Thats amazing! God bledd her!
    @babynewyear2012 thats really good! Im 32 weeks now, im hoping to last at least 3 more weeks so I dont worry about nicu..
  • My twins were born at 33 weeks exactly. They were in the nicu for 10 days, they're 4 now and as healthy as any other 4 year olds. I hope everything turns out good for you!
  • My sisters middle kid was born at 27w0d she got a full lung steroid shot and was in the nicu got less then 2months I believe. Her youngest was born 26w6d he didn't get the steroid shots and was in nicu for 6months. Youngest has really poor lungs and is often hospitalized thou hes getting better as he gets older. Middle kid is perfectly fine
  • @josie749 I have not had my babies premature but with my second I had contrations that started at 24 weeks and I took tributaline aswell and I carried my son to full term. Just relax take it easy and take a pill whenever you feel contractions coming on. Good luck sweetie and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious baby
  • @josie749 I sure hope you get at least another week or two. I will be looking for updates!
  • @maranda3, @beaded_bunny, @mommy2now3, @babynewyear2012, thank you so much, this gives me great hope that everything will be ok with my babies, especially that I did get the steroid shots and I will definitely try to stay off my feet and take it easy wich is hard since I have a million things to do to prepare for their arrival and also have a toddler to take care of but I will get some help, my mistake is I havent been taking this bedrest thing seriousely but any mother with a toddler at home would understand why..anyway i will be a couch potato from now on and just ask my parents for help...
    Thankx again ladies for your feedbacks and advice, I will keep you posted :)
  • @josie749 I am also on strict bedrest and have been for 4 weeks. I will not get to get up until at least 28 werks which is 10 weeks from now. It is hard but it gets better each week. If you ever have questions about anything let me know. I use my time to research alot on how to keep my baby girl inside!
  • @babynewyear2012 im sorry you're on bedrest too, I hope you're getting some help! Sounds good, I definitely will! Thank you for your help, good luck to you on your pregnancy!