Chlamydia.. Please Help!!

edited July 2011 in Health
Is there any possible way to get chlamydia even without having sex?? I went to go get results from a test n dr told me that came back positive... I dont understand cause from last time I got checked, I was bout 20 something weekd prego, everything was good, till now im 34wks, I havent had sex!! Wth is going on?? Could it be an untreated infection that I never had symptoms? Please help!!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    You can't catch it from a towel, door knob, toilet seat... or anything. Just sex or bj or whatever.. didnt mean to post you could... my bad! But here's a link. they could be wrong. I was told i had herpes because my vag hurt and my sides hurt when i peed, they did all kinds of tests, I go to another dr and turns out i had cysts on my ovaries that ruptured.. Keep your head up and pray!!! Good luck

http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/stds/std_chlamydia.html
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow! This is just nuts! Seat covers for me!
  • Some woman test positive falsely during pregnancy same happened to me they treated it and never had any further issues.
  • im not sure sweetie. here's a bump
  • well chlamydia is a "silent" disease because you dont get the symptoms until after you are infected (usually like 2-4 weeks after exposure). Now as far as u not having sex and encountering this STD has me puzzled? U can get it orally also but im surprised that the Drs didnt catch this earlier......when you go in to your 1st doc appt they usually test for STD's so did u have any symptoms? The only thing that seems logical is that you had it already and didnt even know.......Has your doctor talked to you about your birth options yet? Are you taking the antibiotics that are usually prescribed for this?
  • @mamato2boys im beyond puzzled! I dont know what to think of anymore... I just took some antibiotics for it, n its making me do nauseas! But trying not to throw up so they wont leave my body, i hope those pills work :(
  • @mommy_of_two thnx for the info, im mostly worried bout my baby, dr said it can kill my baby n that has worried me so much, im trying to stay calm cause stresding can also hurt my baby, idk what to do
  • @letysfirst I had it I guess when they checked me.. they gave me the treatment (1 or 2 pills) and I threw up like a half hour later but they still worked. Good luck!
  • @jamiesandefur thanks for that, I really do hope it could b something else or it go away with these antibiotics, im mostly worried/concerned for my baby
  • @lilmama19 omg I took the pills bout 30 min ago too n I wanna throw up so bad, im sweating like a dog but I dont wanna throw up, scared that they might not work
  • Also, if it is treated early and gone before birth, your baby will be fine. I was worried too, but don't stress! That will only make it worse!
  • @lilmama19 thnx for that, u telling me that makes me feel a little better :)
  • You can get it without sex but its uncommon only cuz it happens when you have sex and don't wash like right after especially while youre pregnant cuz its easy for bacteria to build up while you can't douche while youre pregnant and it (bacteria) could have build up which causes it to be a disease I know cuz it happened to me. The only way your baby can die is if it goes untreated!!!
  • @letysfirst no problem! It will be gone before you know it and you will forget you even had it once you feel your precious baby kick :)
  • Oh you're 34 weeks I suppose you have felt your baby kick lol you will forget when you have your baby in your arms then :)
  • @lilmama19 lol yes I feel him alllll the time, ill b praying that it will b gone n my baby will b healthy :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @zexy4da011 im thinking it built up too n I never had any symptoms... But I took pills to treat it already :)
  • @blessedmom_2x I think I had jus got it when I got tested gor it, only explanation I can think of, im curing it now n im praying it goes away before birth
  • Yeah I was shocked I went to two different hospitals and they said the same thing
  • thats strange.. whens the last time you had sex.. i know woman can carry stds.. and not show symtoms.. good thing they found it bfore birth though.. does your bd have it.. shouldnt he be tested..
  • @lae3 its been a while since I had sex, 2-3 months ago, we r both puzzled? He is going to get checked tomorrow... Neither of us have had symptoms tjat is y we never questioned it, but like u said good thing we found out before birth
  • I got it with my first ugh man that night was a disaster first time I lose my virginity I get preggo and get that :/ I went to the doc and they prescribed like 8 meds to take 4 times in one day it went away if not they said my baby can get it, but I was only about 7 weeks pregnant
  • @letysfirst Okay, sweetie. I stopped reading comments when I read that your doctor said it can kill your baby... NO it can NOT kill the baby. It's dangerous to them, yes. It can cause blindness and pneumonia after birth, and the pneumonia could potentially bring death if it gets bad enough, but for your doctor to tell you that the chlamydia will kill the baby... Sorry, but that really grinds my gears. Your doctor probably told you that to scare you to keep you from having sex so you don't get reinfected. I had chlamydia at the beginning of my pregnancy... I got it from one of two places. I either got it cuz my bd cheated on me, or because it was transferred by hand by Soldier (I believe you read my long story... so yeah). I know that sounds bad, but it CAN be transferred that way. It's just more unlikely. The only reason I suspect Soldier at all is because in the middle of fooling around, he had a weird discharge-thing that surprised both of us and we stopped. BUT that's not the point. The point is that it won't kill your baby, so rest easy, sweetheart. The worst case scenario is that you'll have to get a c-section before your membranes rupture to reduce exposure to your baby.
  • @letysfirst Btw, I am clean now. Just MAKE SURE it's 30 days before they test you for cleanliness. I had to take a second dose cuz my dr's nurse took forever to get my prescription in and he didn't know and it came up positive again. Even though the genetic material is dead, it'll still test positive within a 30 day range. So just keep your dr on the line when he goes to test you again.
  • @letysfirst.....I was told at the beginning of my pregnancy I had it. They treated me twice and made my husband get treated. Found out later on in my pregnancy that I NEVER had it. Talk about being pissed! Taking those meds and not having it in the first place! If I were you I would get a second opinion. Sometimes these midwifes, dr's, and nurses screw up. But don't stress or get yourself all worked up. Good luck mama......let me know the outcome.
  • @grissy_barria so did it clear up for u?
  • @mythica u put me at ease :) I didnt wanna get a c section but ill take that as long as my baby is healthy
  • @miaradavis wow thats crazy! Well I told baby daddy/bf I had it n he was thinkin the worst of me but we both trust each other n we both r faithful, but he is gonna get checked tomorrow n itll b effin crazy if he donf have it, we will find out soon n keep u girld updated.