Anybody experiencing labored breathing?

edited January 2011 in Second Trimester
My wife is now 20 weeks, but has been experiencing labored breathing for the past 3 weeks (i.e. feeling like she needs larger breaths to fill her lungs). We've already consulted the doctor about this, and she assured us that it's just part of the pregnancy, but we're wondering if any of you expecting mothers have experienced the same thing?

Comments

• I'm at 15 weeks and I've been doing it. I feel like I have to take bigger breaths to feel better. I waddle now too. My husband says I'm crazy cause I'm not that big, but it makes me more comfortable doing it. It's strange
  • Okay i feel like an idiot...im 6 weeks and i totally gey winded and feel bigger breaths are needed...im not a thick person and enjoy working out..hmmm.
  • I have been experiencing labored breathing and I am very healthy. I work out six says a week and teach aerobics three days a week. I notice I am out of breath alot just walking up the stairs... this is my third pregnancy and I don't remember feeling like this until I was in my third trimester. Glad to hear im not alone... but it sucks....
  • I'm always there. As the baby n uterus grow everything gets shoved up. Plus the added weight, plus the fact that your blood and thus your bodily fluids have doubled. Your heart is working double time to move it all. Thus the short and out of breath feelings. Its very normal. And will get worse as you get bigger! Don't stress!
  • Im 21 weeks and I cant do anything without getting winded. Everything from washing dishes to trying to get out of bed to just walking from my kids room to my kitchen gets me winded but I don't think it helps that I have asthma. But a thing I found that helps me is to have a cup of hot coffee there is something about the caffeine that helps open up your lungs and helps you breath better. Hope this helps.