I started a new birthcontrol

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I got mirena put in yesterday. It didn't hurt just a tiny bit uncomfortable for 1 min. My dr said I probably will not have a period here in a few months because of it. I don't think im ok with not having a period if im not pregnant. Is it bad for my body?? Any one else on or have been on mirena?? I feel like I shouldn't have gotten it.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I got it in Dec 08 after my daughter was born. I bled for 4.5 months straight. It wasn't always heavy, but still. Eventually I lost my libido and my energy. Other than that, no major issues; however, my hubby was not happy and started to feel that I wasn't attracted to him anymore. And with 2 small children, my extreme fatigue was not a good thing either. I took it out at the beginning of Oct 2010, bled 2 days later (like a normal period), and got pregnant in late Oct/early Nov. My son is 4 days old today! But I will not be getting the Mirena again. Everyone has different experiences, though. I hope it works for you! :)
  • I was on it for the full 5 years n I loved it! Didn't have my period ever it was the best lol but that's just me its ok not to have a period well on bc! I never had any problems wit it!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My Dr told me not having a period is completely fine as long as you don't have a history of problems. My girlfriend has mirena and loves it. She doesn't get a period but she's happy and doesn't have any negative side effects. I hope it works out for you! Good luck!
  • I hope your experience is better than mine
  • @mya218 im really scared of mirena having more negative affects on me then positive. I heard it can cause major weight gain and I definitely don't need that. Congrats on ur baby boy!!! Are you at home or at the hospital still??

@firsttime_mommy
    @richjen24
    @babynumber02
    Im so glad not having a period is ok. Im praying it works well for me!

Tmi? ???? Will my fiance be able to feel it??
  • edited July 2011
    @kansasmomma It never caused any weight gain for me. I worked out weekly anyway, so maybe that helped as well. My hubby felt the strings once or twice in the beginning, but once they coiled up around my cervix he didn't feel them anymore.

Oh, and thank you! We came home Sunday morning! :D
  • @Mya218 I hope he doesn't feel it itll freak me out a little. Lol
  • i was thinking of getting that a while ago after i had my 2nd baby but i chickened out but i think i will go ahead with it this time around..........seems to be taking forever to get pregnant this time around! ugh :-W well let me know how it goes
  • @mamato2boys oh good luck getting pregnant!! I'll keep u updated so far so good just some light bleeding
  • thanks @kansasmomma im going ti try it just bc i know other BC methods wnt and dnt work for me thanks again! :)
  • @richjen24 that's great to know! I definitely want to have another child in about 3 years
  • @ashleyfew awesome!! Thank u so much!! Good bye period