I need help picking a unique name! (boy)

edited July 2011 in Baby names
My favorites are Xander, Oakley, and Owen. Talon really wants the name Nova, but I think it sounds more like a girls name? I want a very unique name, does anyone have any favorites or suggestions to share? :-)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would go with Owen for sure :) good luck!
  • I like Oakley too. Xander and Owen are becoming pretty popular now
  • @mshahir I'm not good at it either lol. I try looking on the net and I end up finding names like Maximus hahaha I don't want people to think my son is a transformer or something. Talon has a friend named Oakley and I don't know if it would be weird naming him that.. :-P
  • Love xander
  • @Jaime77 I have a stuffed leapord I named Mowgli hahaha that would be cute though!
    @LMelanson @pregoagainYAY Would Owen ben okay if it's one of Talon's relatives last names? I don't think so but he does! And we're thinking about McCloud for a middle name, I think it sounds cute together :-)
  • @mshahir Haha I would, people would think I was some obsessed Trasformers fan
  • @blueberrysmom I've never heard that one before! I don't think I would want him going by Kent though lol it sounds too fancy or something
    @mshahir Lol they would all sound epic.. except Bumblbee hahaha
  • Owen McCloud is adorable sounds like a movie star :)
  • @pregoagainYAY I really like it but I don't think bd does lol we also like the name Mathieu, it's Talon's middle name and I've never seen it before :-)
  • Oh I like that too....what would the middle name be?
  • Thats funny cuz Nova was on my list for girl names. how about Xavian( read as xzavion)?
  • @pregoagainYAY not sure about a middle name for Mathieu, I can't decide what sounds good with it!
    @btrflyqt85 ya haha he's convinced it's a boy's name.. I love Xavian :-) that's really cute! Could be a possibility!
  • I like Owen. It's uncommon and you wouldn't have any questions on how to spell it. Plus, he might be able to find pre-personalize pencils and such.
  • :-D nick name could b zay ... i think its real cute and he'll b able to grow into it. strong name.
  • @potato I really like it just need bd to agree with me lol
    @btrflyqt85 zay sounds cute too :-) I always wished I had a more unique name mine is Paige and I got picked on a lot lol. I think unique names help develop a strong personality
  • thats so true! i wanted to name my little girl Skylar but am disappointed i cant find a middle name that goes well. I love names that are powerful when said. i also love Damien and that's what we would've named the baby if it were a boy. good luck though, ull find the right name.
  • @btrflyqt85 I love Skylar, mayne Jane for a middle name? I wanted Nevaeh or Arabella if I was having a girl. I have issues with the name Damien lol it was an ex's name! Thanks though good luck to you too.
  • haha oppps sorry lol. nevaeh is nice but so many people are using it its making it common now...blah! i think bf would kill me if i tried changing again lol
  • Nova seems like a girl name to me also. Owen is REALLY popular in my area, so I'm not a huge fan. I like Xander. Other ideas, Jaeger, Cash....that's all I got right now! I'll keep thinking!
  • I was determined to name Blueberry Kentworth. My husband shot it down...daily! Lol! :ar!
  • my friends daughter is named oaklee so of course, now i think of a girl. the same with nova.... i agree with you!!

some i like are keegan, kenyan, lucas, luca, beckham, brody, braxton, dayton, boden, emerson, wyatt, jagger, jameson, jax, keaton, quinn...
  • I know someone who named his son Atreyu(?)...after the character (never ending story) not the band ;)