list from hospital on what to bring

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Ok ladies we have talked and talked about this one so why not here is one more thread. This is the list I got on my hospital tour.....

What to bring to the hospital
Labor and delivery
You will be moving to another room after delivery,so its best to bring only the necessities while in labor.
Medical records
Lollipops or hard candies
Extra pillows
Slippers
Books or magazines
Cd player or mp3 player
Lip balm or chapstick
Pontytail holder headband or hair clip

For your partner
Camera(no videos allowed in l&d)
Change for vending machines or telephones
Longdistance calling card
Phone number list

Post partum (after delivery)
You will stay in your post partum room for 2-3 days after delivery. This is when to bring your suitcase and diaper bag (if desired)
Camera or video camera
Nursing bra
Nursing night gown
Robe
Slippers
Brush, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant
Make-up (if desired)
Clothes to wear home
Clothes for baby to wear home
Car seat

The hospital provides: gowns, socks, sanitary pads, disposable panties, shampoo, soap, lotion, mouth wash, towels, diapers and baby wipes

Ok there it is straight for th hospital its self I will be bringing about half the stuff on here. I got the feeling they didn't want you to dress baby up in your own stuff til getting ready to go they provides shirts for them to wear while in hospital that have mittens attached. Although I will bring a special blankie and maybe a few outfits for both of us while we are there. I like how the broke the list into stages didn't know I shouldn't bring all my stuff up right away glad I do they want to keep the l&d room clear. If I think of anything else I am packing I will add to it. Btw this is my 2nd rodeo so I have a good idea of what to expect. I hope this helps now I gotta go find my pregly I owe a tag too :) smooches

Comments