Teen mom

edited February 2011 in Teen moms
I am only 16 nd I am 23weeks. Idk how I am gne do diz need bout of tipz

Comments

• She doesnt know how shes going to do this and she needs tips
  • How about you visit your OBGYN ? And Get A Sono ?
  • Take it day by day. You'll soon figure it all out.
  • Yea I have. Nd my family is support. And the father is in the picture
  • Being a mom comes naturally......Just know that now that you are a mom ,,,,the fun days with friends and pretty much over, Now you have fun days with your baby to look forward too.....you will be fine as long as you really try.....check with your local hospital or ask your doctor if there are any teen mom support groups in your area....might be a good idea to have a friend that knows what you are going through.
  • Well I'm the same young and pregnant.if you want,inbox me your # and we could talk about it
  • Pay attention to the classes your in now and stay current with your homework so you dont fall behind in your classes. When i missed a month of classes - due to being sick and in the hospital- teachers were willing to stop in the hospital if i wanted or tutor me at home to get caught up. Make sure you dont fall behind.
    But if the father and your family is supportive- good for you and them.
    And do what other pregnant women are trying- just try to be healthy. Think of the well-being for your baby and you. take baby care classes- get the father involved too. Get vitamins, rest up, and good luck. Sounds like you've got a good support systems.
  • @Selena - you're not the only one, have a look at the discussions here:
    http://www.pregnancythisweek.com/forum/categories/teenage-pregnancies

good luck!
  • I was 16 when I had my first and I was scared to death. I lost all of my friends when I got pregnant but they way I looked at it was I don't need people that are not gonna be there for me anyways. When I gave birth it was not bad at all I got the epidural though(now having my second and definitely plan on getting it again.) After you give birth the hospital teaches you basically everything you need to know to take care of the baby (feeding,changing,cleaning) and then they send you home. As soon as I was able to I got a job(bd did not work) and started ecot a homeschooling program. I lived with my grandma so I didn't have to pay bills I just bought groceries. Left bd(he was a loser) and when my son was 1 I had saved up enough and was able to get my own apartment. I did receive wic and government health care for my son because my work didn't offer health insurance,I worked and paid taxes and I needed it. For me i don't think it was as hard as people made me think it was going to be. I would not support the idea of a teen getting pregnant but I promise you will be fine. I would like to think I have done a wonderful job raising my son on my own, last year I met and married an amazing man and I am now having my second!!! Congrats to you and just go into this knowing you will have to sacrifice a lot but your baby will have a good life if you do!!!! Good luck to you and Congrats! If you ever need to talk or advice inbox me:)
  • Wel I am glad that u have let me in alil on your life and glad that I can talk to somebody that wa$ once in my place be4. How did you leave ur Bd. Was it hard to.
  • Yes I am on top of my grades at.school.. -but good thing for me I will have my baby in the summer
  • I'm not ashamed of my past and I think it helps people to know that there are girls out there that raise their own kids when they are 16 and don't just pawn them off to their parents. Leaving my bd was kinda hard just because I knew once I left him he would no longer be a father to our son but I knew he wasn't right for me and I didn't want my son looking up to someone that would not take responsibility and be a man so I just told him to get out, plus once I had my son I didn't need anyone nor would I have time for anyone else!
  • Yes it does help and it is gewdd to know that there are other teen moms. And I am startin to hear that alot more that once ur baby.comes ur not gone have time.for any thing or for any body
  • I was 16 when I had my twins, its hard, but it can be done!
  • i hope I can do it.