I hate my husband :(

edited July 2011 in Depression
So my little girl will be 2 weeks old on Saturday, and I am an emotional wreck.. I was quite normal/put together during pregnancy, never had hormonal issues or anything like that... but ever since giving birth, my husband is driving me insane. I can't even look at him! I have no clue why, or what my problem is. He is SUCH a wonderful guy. He has been taking care of our 2 year old every morning before work so I don't have to deal with her and I can focus on the new baby, he has taken 2 weeks of half days so he can help as much as possible, and has been cleaning the house, cooking dinner.. getting everything I need while I'm breasfeeding, helping with diapers.. etc. But I'm so angry with him, and I don't understand why.... I thought depression after the baby was supposed to affect how you feel TOWARDS the baby... NOT your spouse... ? I love my baby girl so much, and am in heaven every time I look at her. But can't stand my husband.. for NO apparent reason.
Anyone else going through this??? What's wrong with me???? I was FINE before I gave birth!!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @bri2186 I just don't understand it... you hear of people not wanting to be interested in the new baby.. and being depressed about that.. but why our husbands?? I didn't do this with my first baby!
  • My bby is 6weeks old, and I feel the same way towards him... His sooo good! He helps alottt with bby, but sometimes he just pisses me off for no reason...
  • edited July 2011
    I think its a placement issue your having. Going from pregnant to momma sometimes we feel out of place.. yet in place. The closes person to you feels the heat.

It's not your men ladies... It's us!
  • Idk sorry but now that I read ur post im kinda scared my bd is also a wonderful man and in my first trimester I was the same way he did nothing but helped me with my children cooked cleaned all the great stuff that I have never had in past relationships but I couldnt stand to even look at him. I told him after the way I was with him I would of understood if hed had left me..gosh I just hope that I dont feel that way after I have the baby he doesnt deserve it...sorry im no help..
  • @YNVTish. I think you have a point... I feel fat and gross and lazy since I had the baby... I can't exercise yet .. all I do is sit all day and watch tv and take care of Lilah. :( maybe that's it.. maybe hubby just gets the rath. I am so conscious about my looks and I feel like a fat monster.. a HELPLESS fat monster. Lol. Maybe when I can get on treadmill it will help. Right now I'm just wearing those silly "sweat belly bands". But I have lost 20lbs so far.. but still have 25 more to go. :\ maybe when I feel better about myself I will feel nicer.
  • @mommyof8. Trust me I NEVER would have expected to act this way towards him. That's why its so strange to me. I hope the same doesn't happen to you! I'm sure the whole "lack of sex" and giving non stop BJs to keep him happy isn't helping me. Lol. Maybe I'm jealous.
  • edited July 2011
    Have you told him that your emotions are freaking you out and to please be patient with you? Its freaking you out so it would be horrendous if you were to loose him when you don't want to
  • It's normal to be emotional and overly sensitive to everything for no apparent reason. Im losing patience with everyone but the baby.