Cramps in my upper abdomen. Please read!!

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Hello mommies...

I'm feeling these cramp-like pains in my upper abdomen as well as a little in my lower abdomen. The lower cramps I've been feeling because I'm expanding, I'm 14w2d pregnant today so I know those are normal.

These upper cramps, however, I have never felt before and it's hurting me badly :-/ it almost feels as if it's strong heartburn but I have never suffered from any stomach related issues. I have been eating healthy and regularly as I do on a daily basis today.

Any ideas of what it could be? Please help!!

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Comments

• I had the same thing. I'm 6 weeks. I read gas can get stuck under your ribs and cause pain. Mine lasted for a few hours and went away. If you call the doctor and hear it could be something else - let us know! Take care in the meantime too!!
  • Could be indegestion you might be all backed up/full of gas...if this seems what it could be try warm lemon water or chamomile tea! :)
  • Call your doctor. I have that now and I'm 18 weeks, for me its usually gas so I eat Tums like candy.
  • With my first two kids I woke up like that constantly and it hurt so bad two seperate occasions that my then bf rushed me to the hospital. Found out it was just really built up gas. Although I felt stupid at the time it was better to be safe then sorry